• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Junk Yard Dogs [A Sage Edition Game]

James Heard

Explorer
Qira glances down at her datapad as if gathering information and closes it up before whispering.

"I've got one dead, two on the freighter. I think they've got it loaded full of some sort of livestock, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Get some guns on the two people on the freighter, and I need someone good with their hands to come with me into the ship and see if our target is inside being masked by the other life signs."

"The shuttle needs to be kept hot in case they try bug out to orbit, or in case these guys have a sense of humor as to what they keep for pets."

Einan

First Post
Vax moves at half speed toward the hulk, with rifle ready. He pauses at the figure on the ground and does a quick search for identification.

doghead

thotd
ic - Junk Yard Dogs

Storm-trooper Bloodwork grabs the droid by the shoulder and pulls it backwards. "Stay at the back, and don't get in the way. Wait until we have secured the site."

Bloodwork signals to Othello. Secure the entry to the hulk. you take left, I'll take right

The changing note of the Shuttle engines announces its departure. It lifts, drifts slightly until clear then opens up engines fully and powers away.

TacCom (navigator) :: Pulling out. Let us know when you have secured the area. Until then, remember, 5 minutes. ::

Vax finds a human male body. It's throat has been slit. The clothes are rugged and utilitarian. A holster is strapped to his belt, but there is no gun in it. Beside the body there is the remains of a small fire, now out. Sand has been kicked over it. A couple of food and drink wrappers litter the ground nearby. But there is no obvious identification. He has couple of photographs of a young woman and two children in his pocket.

[sblock=ooc]Communication. Unless otherwised indicated, I am assuming stuff said is said out loud rather than on comms. Lets say their are three basic channels, Tac (everyone plus shuttle), unit (just the PC's) or private (between specified PC's). That's just a rough guide, you can play with it as well.

Haven't seen any sign of Bloodweaver recently. I'll run Bloodwork for a bit and see how it goes.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
ic - JYD's

Vax approaches the gaping hole in the side of the hulk. Everything gleams silver in the moon, except for the shadows. They are dark patches of emptiness. The space inside is large, a cargo hold by the looks of it. The cargo containers, once neatly stacked, lies strewn around the space forming a warren of narrow passageways and crawl spaces. Lies of sight are limited. Hiding places are everywhere.

A passage way seems to have been made through the containers. The sand and dust are well trodden. It leads into the darkness. It seems to turn towards the bow, although its hard to tell.

Small noises fill the space - the sound of claws scratching the steel, the scraping of objects being pushed slightly. Vax gets a glimpse of movement. He spots a pair of eyes watching him from the shadows. Another glimpse of movement, fast and furtive. An odd ticking noise.

doghead

thotd
ic - JYD's

Qira sets off up the side of the dune. The sand is soft and going laborious. At the top of the dune she is treated to a fine view over the desert. Dunes, cast in pale blue by the moonlight, roll away into the distance like waves on an ocean frozen in time. Nothing moves for as far as she can see. Casting her eyes closer to home, she spies imperfections in the pattern of ripples in the sand. Tracks, made by more than one passer by it looks like. The tracks lead down the other side of the dune until they are lost in the pale light somewhere towards the bottom.

Othello moves to the edge of the entrance into the hulk. Bloodwork moves up parallel to Othello, taking position at on the other side of the entrance.

Vax, already at the entrance, indicates the location of several of the creatures.

It doesn't take Othello long to find a target in the hold of the hulk - a pair of eyes glinting from within a dark shadow. The blaster rifle report rents the night air. The creature squeals. The hulk is filled with the sound of claws on steel and sharp ticking noises as the creatures in the hulk withdraw back into the darkness.

22 remains where he is for the moment.

[sblock=ooc]Not sure if Shaggy is still with us. So for the moment I won't write him into the ground party. If he doesn't reappear, then we can say he remains on the shuttle.[/sblock]

Remove ads