D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

TallIan

Explorer
Gorir

As the others sneak about trying to lay an ambush for the approaching goblins Gorir says a quick prayer for Moradin to guide his actions. One large goblin walks past him, followed by two more. Gorir steps forward swinging his hammer and splattering one goblin's brains across the wall. With godly speed he swings back at the other goblin, catching it a solid blow that barely leaves the monster standing. He steps around the goblin to get closer to the large one. It was a great risk engaging two foes, but it allowed him good control over the fight.

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Taking a little liberty as I've been so absent, but Gorir will (if you allow) cast guidance while everyone else was sneaking. If you don't then his second attack just misses.

Move: To L6
Attack:Gorir attack and damage on Goblin 2: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Bonus: Warpriest ability Gorir attack and damage on Goblin 3: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5
adding guidance to that Gorir attack and damage on Goblin 3: 1D4 = [2] = 2

Move: to M6[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (Chain and Shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d8

Offense:
Warhammer: +4 5ft 1d8+2S
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+2P
Light Crossbow: +2 80/320ft 1d8P

Warpriest 2/3 per long rest

SPELLS: Cantrips
Guidance; Sacred Flame; Spare the Dying
level 1: 2/2
Bless; Command; Healing Word; Sanctuary[/SBLOCK]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As Thadius takes a defensive stance as he and Belig study each other for weaknesses. The goblin seems far more dangerous than its companions, obviously trained in the art of war, and as the tiefling watches Belig twists deftly to deflect a javelin from Magdalena with his shield. Continuing his movement, the armored goblin smoothly turns and steps toward Thadius, spinning the flail towards the tiefling noble and stepping back instantly. Thadius, fully prepared for the assault, easily sidesteps the flail, but the goblin next to him manages to take advantage of the situation by delivering a nasty cut with his scimitar on the tiefling's upper leg.

Behind Thadius, Gorir takes advantage of the other goblins' surprise to move in and crushing one goblin's skull with his warhammer, using the momentum to keep swinging his mighty weapon and landing a powerful blow to the other creature's chest, the air leaving its lungs in a great sigh. In return, the still standing goblinoid, feeling lucky because of his hit on the tiefling, tries to wound the dwarf as well but hitting only a shield, not impressing anyone. A crossbow bolt from James moves over the melee harmlessly.

Realizing his forte lies not in taking hits from dangerous goblin weaponry, Traubon stays in the corner and hurls a magical bolt of flame at the largest of the creatures, hitting Belig on the side of its head and blackening its fierce looking helmet.

OOC: Goblin actions; see rolls in next posts:
- Belig: Attacks Thadius with disadvantage and with extra damage (Fury of the Small), then Disengages (Nimble Escape) and moves to P6.
- goblin 2: dead, killed by Gorir
- goblin 3: Opportunity attack at Thadius, then on its turn, attacks Gorir.

Gorir can add the Guidance bonus only to one check, so either attack or damage. I'd say he hits on his second attack due to the bonus, but doesn't bring the goblin down. Also, both Gorir and Thadius try to move into the same square (M6) so I took the liberty of leaving Gorir at L6 so he can finish the other goblin off next round. I hope that's okay.

Alright, for the time being I'll NPC Traubon until eayres returns or asks me differently. Don't know if I'll keep this up, but for now I see no real reason to let his character run off. Traubon casts a Fire bolt at Belig.

[sblock=Map] map - depot round 3.png[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
James AC15 8/8
Gorir AC18 11/11
Thadius AC15 8/14 (took 8 damage - resistance)
Traubon AC16 9/9
Magdalena AC16 12/12

Goblin #1 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #2 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #3 AC15 2/7
Belig AC18 25/26 [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Oh boy. None of the rolls came through. Here's a retry:
[roll0] Attack roll Belig
[roll1] Damage roll Belig
[roll2] Opportunity attack goblin 3
[roll3] Disadv OA goblin 3
[roll4] damage roll goblin 3
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC:
[roll0] attack goblin 3
[roll1] damage goblin 3
[roll2] spell Traubon
[roll3] damage spell Traubon
[roll4]
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
If had clearly been to long since James had fought, clearly he was rusty. James skirts around the edge of the battle, drawing his wicked looking curved dagger and lunging at the goblin while it's back is turned.


OOC:
Move to L8
Attacking goblin 4 if dagger.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Insolent bug!" Thadius sneers as the goblin ruins his clothes.

OOC:
Action: Atk Gobo #3
[roll0]
[roll1]
Move: none
Bonus Action: none

Combat:
Condition: Raging 8/10 rounds left
AC: 15
HP 8/14 (due to resistance), resistance to slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening

“Oh, for the love of… I can’t see a damn thing!” Magdalena watched the shadows flail about in the dark, noly momentarily lit when Traubon casts a bit of fire.

Dropping her greatsword, Magdalena fumbled to get out the torch James had given her. She lit it and suddenly could see again.

“Thank Helm” Magdalena muttered.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Light torch
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction: Draw torch
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Thadius easily dispatches the goblin that had ruined his outfit, his morningstar crushing the creature's skull, blood and gore dripping from the weapon as the tiefling once more faces Belig.

The goblin warrior puts up its shield to catch the dagger that James, moving just out of reach of the wicked flail, throws at their most dangerous foe yet. The blade sinks into the wood of the shield with a thunk. James pulls up to the side of Thadius and Gorir, two dead goblins at their feet.

On the other side of the kitchen, Magdalena lights her torch, and a warm glow fills the room that allows her to see everything again. The messy kitchen, the three stoves on one side, the door to the wretched smell on the other wall, and a ferocious goblin between her and her allies. The creature moves as if to block the torch light with his shield for only a moment before lowering it and glaring at her.

OOC: I'll give TallIan another day to respond before wrapping up this round.
[sblock=Map]map - depot round 4.png[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]James AC15 8/8
Gorir AC18 11/11
Thadius AC15 8/14 (thanks for reminding me of the resistance)
Traubon AC16 9/9
Magdalena AC16 12/12

Goblin #1 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #2 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #3 AC15 0/7 deceased
Belig AC18 25/26 [/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Gorir

Gorir steps around is companions, closing with Beleg but he can't seem to land a blow.

Gorir attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (Chain and Shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d8

Offense:
Warhammer: +4 5ft 1d8+2S
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+2P
Light Crossbow: +2 80/320ft 1d8P

Warpriest 2/3 per long rest

SPELLS: Cantrips
Guidance; Sacred Flame; Spare the Dying
level 1: 2/2
Bless; Command; Healing Word; Sanctuary[/SBLOCK]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening

With the torch in one hand, Magdalena yanked the dagger from her belt in the other, carefully approaching the better-armed goblin. She battered at him with torch and thrust at him with her dagger.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Engage Belig
Action: Dagger: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Bonus Action: Off hand torch: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D4+1 = [2]+1 = 3

Reaction:
Object Interaction: Draw dagger
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As Gorir moves in, Belig deftly sidesteps the dwarf's warhammer and then focuses his attention on the warpriest. The spinning flail swings through the air, looking for a weak spot in Gorir's armor, but the dwarf blocks the weapon with his shield before the goblin takes a step back.

Meanwhile Traubon is casting another spell, this time droning arcane words while moving his hands in intricate motions. Three bright magical darts appear before the dwarf, and each rushes towards Belig who tries to avoid them but to no avail. The impact of the magic has the goblin distracted for just a second.

This gives Magdalena the opportunity to step forward and, with her dagger, she stabs Belig just under his arm where his armor is open. It feels good to feel the blade sink into the soft goblin flesh and see the ruby red blood on the shining blade as she withdraws. With her other hand the paladin uses the lit torch to confuse Belig, who instinctively blocks her with his arm and causes the flames to scorch his flesh.

Belig is now started to look panicked, his eyes looking for a way out while still keeping a defensive stance.

OOC: Traubon casts Magic Missile, automatically hitting Belig with three bolts for [roll0] force damage.

Belig attacks Gorir (who is at O5, I think?), then retreats (Disengage) to P7. Attack: [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

Magdalena then engages Belig in the next round. Everyone else's actions, please.

[sblock=Map]map - depot round 4a.png[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]James AC15 8/8
Gorir AC18 11/11
Thadius AC15 8/14
Traubon AC16 9/9
Magdalena AC16 12/12

Goblin #1 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #2 AC15 0/7 deceased
Goblin #3 AC15 0/7 deceased
Belig AC18 5/26[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Seeing the goblin looking for an escape James darts across the room to block his retreat. Readying his crossbow as he goes.
OOC: using a move and a dash James move to V6
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thadius stalks the worried goblin and flashes him a wicked grin. "You shouldn't have come here. Lord Wildhurst will be overly pleased when we bring him your corpse." Sharp teeth show through the smile as if something just donned to the tiefling. "Or better yet if we bring you to him alive so he can torture you himself."

Pointing at the beast with his bloodied morningstar he yells out. "Take him alive!"

OOC:
Action: Help -give Gorir advantage this round
Bonus Action: none
Move: O8
Intimidation if needed: [roll0]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Gorir

"Take him alive!" shouted Thadius. Gorir wasn't too keen on the torture but he saw the merit of taking the goblin leader alive. He pulled his shield in close, then rushed the goblin leader, trying to pin him down.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: P6
Action: grapple Gorir grapple check: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [15, 17]+4 = 21


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (Chain and Shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d8

Offense:
Warhammer: +4 5ft 1d8+2S
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+2P
Light Crossbow: +2 80/320ft 1d8P

Warpriest 2/3 per long rest

SPELLS: Cantrips
Guidance; Sacred Flame; Spare the Dying
level 1: 2/2
Bless; Command; Healing Word; Sanctuary[/SBLOCK]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Belig's Acrobatics check against the grapple attempt: [roll0]


Gorir steps forward, and with the help of Thadius distracting the goblin, manages to grab Belig and hold him tight, the once dangerous flail now useless as the arm wielding it is held close to his body.

With a snarl, Belig screams, "Idiots! We will poison the village, poison you, poison everyone! Goblin armies will march, killing all your mates and young!"

He continues ranting powerlessly, struggling to escape the dwarf's iron grip.
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: I was thinking more of making sure he was knocked out, instead of dead during Gorir's attack. LOL
This works to I guess. Magdalena and Tarboun still have a turn, so I'll wait to see if they can disarm him or knock him out.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: By my count Magdalena has already had her turn, with the dagger-and-torch attack.

However, since Belig is effectively grappled now and I'm not letting Traubon do anything if not absolutely necessary, technically it's a new round. But better yet, just drop out of initiative and act normally.
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Oh be quiet!" the teifling yells louder than the goblin had been cursing. He takes and slams his fist into the side of the head of the creature, his morningstar still held in his grip.

OOC: Wish to k.o. him so he won't alert anyone, but as I said in his rage he was louder than the goblin lol. Ahh lvl 1 how fun it is to be new to the adventuring game lol.

Minimum damage is 5 pts. So hoping for an auto hit for aesthetics haha
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top