(IC) Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden

happylace

Explorer
If it seems the small yeti has fallen asleep, come towards us quietly. We're up on the ledge here. If you can get close enough, we may be able to reach you, Alma relays.

Do you know where the others in your party are? We were told there were three of you aside from Garret.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Corse sees spells being cast by her colleagues; lips moving but not making a sound. In the dim half-light, she stands on her side of the junk pile, listening to the movements on the other side of the heap.
 

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Thinking it likely that combat will result Zeth mentally runs through his repertoire of spells to determine which ones could be useful.

As has become the norm for this unfortunate trip he guesses fire will be their best bet.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lumrolur remains near the edge, waiting for the halfling to make her way to them. Once she's close enough, he crawls over pulling her down among his companions. He uses the time of her approach to study her features and clothes so he can imitate her as best as possible.

Ideally, he would keep the power in reserve, maybe the parent yeti is drowsy enough not to react to the halfling going near the edge. It would be best if he could create a diversion with the other parent by looking like their child. But that one will have to wait.

OOC: roll stealth if needed, Lumrolur will use alter self to look like the halfling one she is close enough to switch places if he sees any reaction from the adult yeti. So, from yetis perspective, the halfling would go over the edge and crawl back up.
 

Quickleaf

Legend
No. This is Alma Ostergaard. I am here with a group tasked by your guide, Garret, to retrieve you. If you are Perilou Fishfinger. If not, please disregard this.
If it seems the small yeti has fallen asleep, come towards us quietly. We're up on the ledge here. If you can get close enough, we may be able to reach you, Alma relays.

Do you know where the others in your party are? We were told there were three of you aside from Garret.

The halfling desperately searches about, eyes trying to pierce the gloom of the frozen cave for her would-be rescuers. Frantically responding to Alma telepathically: "No wait, it's me! Don't go! The young yeti looks like he's asleep. I... The big yeti... it... it... it tore Mokingo limb from limb and the three of them ate him... Astrix cast a spell and vanished when the yetis attacked, and we got separated in the commotion; we'd planned to meet at the old camp to Auril up-mountain if we were ever separated. Ok...ok... I will try towards the ledge..."

Lumrolur remains near the edge, waiting for the halfling to make her way to them. Once she's close enough, he crawls over pulling her down among his companions. He uses the time of her approach to study her features and clothes so he can imitate her as best as possible.

Ideally, he would keep the power in reserve, maybe the parent yeti is drowsy enough not to react to the halfling going near the edge. It would be best if he could create a diversion with the other parent by looking like their child. But that one will have to wait.

OOC: roll stealth if needed, Lumrolur will use alter self to look like the halfling one she is close enough to switch places if he sees any reaction from the adult yeti. So, from yetis perspective, the halfling would go over the edge and crawl back up.
Perilou belly crawls slowly towards you, intermittently pausing to glance at the horned yeti behind the junk pile who shifts and growls quietly. Then she continues crawling, using bear skins and debris to conceal herself. Against all odds, and several tense moments watching with your fingers twitching, spell components at the ready, the bruised blonde halfling finally reaches the ledge, and Lumrolur helps her slip down to quietly join the rest of your party below the main yeti cavern.

 
Last edited:

Aethmud

Explorer
Jack whispers to Alma, “Shall I distract the big beastie? You can usher our new friend to the safe, icy embrace of the wilds. I have no idea how long the wee one’s cat nap will last.” And then to the rest, with a smile and a wink, “anyone have ideas on how best to entertain a yeti? Aside from feeding ourselves to it, of course!”
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As Aric sees the Halfling come closer, he gives her a friendly nod, and directs the magical shadows and silence to engulf her too.

The faster we’re out of here he better!” He whispers
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Jack whispers to Alma, “Shall I distract the big beastie? You can usher our new friend to the safe, icy embrace of the wilds. I have no idea how long the wee one’s cat nap will last.” And then to the rest, with a smile and a wink, “anyone have ideas on how best to entertain a yeti? Aside from feeding ourselves to it, of course!”
"Let it be, any entertainment now will just awaken it too early. Let's get out of here."
 

domminniti

Explorer
Jack whispers to Alma, “Shall I distract the big beastie? You can usher our new friend to the safe, icy embrace of the wilds. I have no idea how long the wee one’s cat nap will last.” And then to the rest, with a smile and a wink, “anyone have ideas on how best to entertain a yeti? Aside from feeding ourselves to it, of course!”
Russet gestures stabbing with his spear, with a smile.
Lets get out of here, careful on the bridge! One at a time or it will fall.
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases

Top