• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Stealthy Missions: Prologue

Xael

First Post
As the city guards step to the alley, the wounded man stirs, jumps up, and starts running for the other end of the alley, seemingly not so wounded after all. Behind the barrels and other miscellaneous trash nearer you, another man jumps out and follows him. You see that this dark-clad man is holding a sap in his hand, which he hurriedly ditches as he runs away.

OOC: Someone: I think that I sent you Rowenstin's sheet to the e-mail you told to send it. Did you receive it?

How do others think of 3.5? I remember there was some talk of it in the ooc thread, but I can't seem to find it.

Someone

Adventurer
[Yes, I have it, thanks]

Rowenstin lets the illusion die. "Nice city" murmurs, and then resumes his previous way.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Several drinks later...

"Ah welsh, timesh for bed", Orland slurs and grins lopsidedly at his companions. "Work ta be done tamarrow, sho besht be off ta bed. AAh, I jus said that didni?", at this he breaks into giggling and stumbles towards the rooms.

Next morning a sober Orland showing no signs of a hangover swaggers into the common room, geared up and ready to begin the mission.

Dalamar

Adventurer
James tries to spot some charming wench to accompany himself for the night, but finding none heads catch some zz:s.

As the morning comes, he joins Orlando.
"So... off we go then?"

Inez Hull

First Post
Orland doffs his hat and then replaces it, changing in appearance to an awkward, spotty looking teenage peasant. "Don' need to tell you lot how ta act inconspicuous like do I?" Orland chuckles with a wink.

"Let's get abouts ta the Big M's neighbourhood and find us a little roost to perch and hoot. Then we can all go about our thing..... which I know what'll be for Jimmie an' me, bein' sociable like. How 'bout the resta you boys? Rowenstin I'm guessin' be the wizardly sort an' Jeffrey be the footpaddin' sort but I'm not sure 'bout Byorn apart from the smellin bad sort. Mind you, that'd be a good cover ta keep snoopers from sniffin' about eh?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
What have I got myself into? wondered Jeffrey as the night wore on. The creepy diviner guy had wondered off, and his remaining companions' interpretation of "Hit the taverns and look for information" seemed to be "Hit the booze and look for strumpets". There was a marked abscence of professionalism around here, maybe he was too used to his old guild's organization.
He shrugs, alternates goats milk and stout and tries to ensure none of the others talk too loosely whilst keeping his ears out, his trap shut and his back covered - but not necessarily in that order.

Thels

First Post
Why do they have to keep talking? Can't they settle in quietness for a sec? "Erm, Well, let's just say I can adept to situations. I could take a watch on the mansion without drawing any attention to myself. How about we all go off doing our business and return here in the evening?" Byorn asks, while ordering another goat milk.

Xael

First Post
Rowenstin:

After walking a while, Rowensting reaches the more wealthy part of the city, which consists of series of small islands connected by stone walkways (kind of bridges) and canals. This is the only place in the city where it doesn't smell faintly to swamp (the city is built on top of a former one), and also one of the few places with hard, flat land (and stone), mostly created by the rich.

Soon he spots the place he's been looking for: A large mansion built on an island, which now resembles a block built of bricks with land dropped on top of it. One road connects to the island, going through it and continuing to other islands. The mansion is surrounded by a moderately high fence. There seem to be no guards outside. There is also a gate behind the mansion, which leads to very small private place for a boat. The mansion has a largish garden around it.

Possible places of entry: Windows, Main Door, Back door, the Chimney, Balconies, and a sewer entrance positioned under the walkway/bridge (which oddily has lots of water coming out of it, even though it is on higher ground than the sea).

OOC Others: Let's just get this hastily over with, and I'll teleport/time-warp Rowenstin to the inn/tavern.

Someone

Adventurer
[To make things as quick as possible:]

Rowenstin casts the following spell from a place where he can do that whithout being noticed, or at least while he thinks nobody is watching:

-Arcane Eye, to explore the mansion´s general layout. He´ll communicate that to the others, so if rowenstin comes back you could make it general knowledge.

-Being near it, Locate Object to find "a safe". Maybe the evidence we´re looking for are there.

If such thing is located in the mansion, then cast Clarividence inside the safe. Notice that the spell grants 10-foot radius vision around the scrying sensor if there´s no light.

After that he´ll come back, and look for the others, preparing two more spells; locate object and Scrying. He´ll use again locate object to find a group member´s specific belonging (sorry for not remembering who, but I recall one of them has a distinctive rapier) When in a private room Rowenstin will Scry on the noble, to at least see where´s he.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads