• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] The Protectors of Greensfen (Part II)

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=OOC] If Todarr were to try to argue with Joshua about his torture idea whilst within earshot of the captive it mind lend versimillitude (good word eh!) to his story that he might join Baradur.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Trickery it is then

[sblock=OOC]
Feel free to plan your deception in character or out of character and we'll go from there.

Random Thought
One cool thing about PbP I never thought of - there's no problem splitting up the party and running two 'tracks' at once.
[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

coming in a little late but I agree with Covaithe I don't wish to RP a torture session. As for the track of lets try deception I'm all with that.

Its my characters nature to want to find personal space, to also attend to personal rituals like cleaing weapons and appraising himself of the areas, especially after the trauma we've all faced from loosing our own village. So I'll carry on keeping watch, if anything interesting happens in the mean time feel free to hook me in. I'm not out because I'm not interested just trying to RP Rellek.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

PennStud77

First Post
If Todarr were to try to argue with Joshua about his torture idea whilst within earshot of the captive it mind lend versimillitude (good word eh!) to his story that he might join Baradur.

So, you want me to go in to interrogate him and Joshua stops him saying it's not right, then I get upset because it seems I'm too evil for this group?

Or do you want me to be the one against torturing him to get on his good side?

Either way, I can play upset at being the odd one out in the group with a differing opinion and hope he keys into it enough to bring up the defection again (me bringing it up would be glaringly obvious), but which way are you proposing I go in the argument?

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=Trickery]My suggestion is for Joshua to be the one to be heard arguing for torture or at the very least a painful death and Todarr to be heard arguing for clemency. Then shortly afterwards Todarr could try talking quietly/secretly to the captive. (Perhaps insinuating perhaps a leaning towards Baradur?)[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=OOC Forcing the Action]
Seems we've gotten a bit stalled (I think everyone is waiting for everyone else to do something), so I'm going to move things forward a bit. Let me know if you want me to make changes to the general plan.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
After some discussion, the party comes to agree on a general plan. Within earshot of the mage's prison cell, the party will argue, with Todarr arguing for leniency and the others pushing for harsh interrogations or worse. Later on, Todarr will sneak in and release the enemy, pretending to sign up for the cause. They will 'escape' together, with the rest of the party following a few minutes behind.

The party presents the plan to Dardus, who frowns. "Hmm. I confess I much prefer more direct methods, but since that hasn't proved useful as of yet, I am open to trying this bit of trickery. I do not relish the thought of letting this maniac loose, however - you must give me your word that you will not let him escape for good. You must recapture him or kill him at the end of this charade."

Dardus thinks a bit more. "I can prepare my men to stay out of the way when you need to make your 'escape', if necessary." Dardus peeks out the window. "It will be night in only a few hours - were you planning on doing this tonight, or tomorrow?"

Arbanax

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I like what NT has come up with and it gets things moving but the only thing is, once we've got what we need do we return to consult with Glaelyn when she arrives?

Perhaps we follow this lead and then circle back afterwards, unless we already have enough to go on and catch Glaelyn's information later, if necessary?
[/sblock]

PennStud77

First Post
I like what NT has come up with and it gets things moving but the only thing is, once we've got what we need do we return to consult with Glaelyn when she arrives?

Perhaps we follow this lead and then circle back afterwards, unless we already have enough to go on and catch Glaelyn's information later, if necessary?

Hmmm, good point. I like the plan as NT summarized it, we will just have to rely on my/our ability to tell if the plan is going awry.

The Digger

First Post
Joshua considers the plan for a moment.

"I think we should go with what has been decided. Glaelyn may have no better idea than us about these locations and then we will have wasted another day."

"I know a ritual which allows me to send a message using any small animal. So, if we discover information by following this mage, I can send it back to Dardus by this arcane means. Also, this is a commonly known ritual and even Glaelyn may know it. If so she can send any knowledge she has back to us."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads