D&D 5E (IC) The Village

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal stepped forward the pair. He hadn't quite heard what the drow had said, but the reply by the one named Willow took him by surprise. Very few here had been receptive to his teaching - they seemed to baffle the locals more than anything else. But what Willow had said ... was not far from the Truth.

"You are correct indeed Willow. To be one with the Universe is to unlock its limitless potential."

He planted his feet a bit wide and leaned on his tabar, his dark eyes looking Northwest, into the distance, as if trying to see beyond the trees and hill and see their foe. Compared to the elves' natural grace he seemed lumbering, but for a moment he seemed as strong and as rooted as a knarled oak.

"In my homeland there are deeds noble and foul, no different than here I imagine. But few are seen as evil as necromancy. The cycle must begin anew. Necromancers work against the order of things. To purge them is akin to lancing an abscess - painful and messy, but better than the alternative. I am but a humble traveler far from home... but I - and the others - will help."

[sblock=Minisheet] dervish 1-mini.jpg Lal Qalandar, of the Purple Lands
Human Barbarian (hermit)

AC: 13 (+1 dex, +2 Con due to unarmored defence)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1/1
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4, Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1 Charisma: -1

Skills: Athletics +5, Medecine +3, Perception + 3, Religion +1
Tools: herbalist's kit (hermit)
Language: Common, Yellow City Trade Tongue, Parbati, a bit of Lamarakhi[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Dydan the Drow Wizard

Dydan considered the wood elf's words. A power, infinite, from the expanse above?

He looked up again, his eyes watering at the effort. "Beauty has always been of great importance to my society. We line our walls and buildings with our Faerie Fire of many colors, which glint against the gems and crystals which grow from the rocky ceilings, shimmering like these stars I've seen in your sky. Nature often needs nothing to remain beautiful. We, however, must work to maintain it."

He drew a wand from his belt. With a flourish, he waved it over the wood elf. Little by little, the dirt and dust on her clothes disappeared, and in moments, they were perfectly clean.

He looked her over, her hair and hands still dirty, but her clothing looking freshly laundered. It did wonders for her appearance. "Forgive the intrusion. It is a simple spell."

He walked on, following the others, having ignored the Barbarian altogether.

OOC: Used Prestidigitation to clean her clothing

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn got up and moved along after the others, debating with herself as she went. On the one hand, this necromancer she'd tracked could very well be too much for her to collar on her own. Mages in general were bad news...she ought to know...but this one was already strong enough to create minions. So, more bodies would be good.

But these folks...well, the paladin seemed decently focused at least. She could respect that, even if she felt a bit reticent to talk to him. You never knew where you stood with paladins...some got all judgemental, some were the more enlightened sort. The elves seemed pretty crazy to her, but maybe that was just culture shock. Yammering about 'infinite power' in the sky, while the dark elves threw magic around willy-nilly.

Ugh. She was getting cranky. Best to keep to herself for the moment.

She did follow though. There was a job to do.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-elf Paladin of Pelor

After introductions Harb walks out of the building with the locals. Turning his head to Vintar slightly as he holds the door to allow him out of the building.

"Your Alderman, He is good to the people here?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(Lal, hermit-barbarian, human)

Lal frowned as the Drow wizard ignored him and used some sorcery to clean up Willow. What was that about? He never bothered with any of the party during the trip, why do this for a stranger?

And what that about beauty? Beauty was nice sure, but it was but one facet of the Universe. Why would he bring that up? These elves were confusing! Unless...

Lal paused. Of course. It's a courtship ritual. And while beauty was a flimsy shield, now love...

Lal's frown blossomed into a benevolent smile, and looked at the departing elves fondly. Ah, to be young again... He would give them space. He reshouldered his tabar, and turned to look for his half-ling friend. Were there full lings? He would have to ask as he helped with the cart.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

River Song

Explorer
Vintar, Human, Cleric

"Oh indeed, he is good to us and very handy with a pair of scissors." Vintar nods. "What about you neighbour?" he raises an eyebrow. "Why are you helping us?"

Remove ads