D&D 5E (IC) The Village

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin of Pelor

"Oh indeed, he is good to us and very handy with a pair of scissors." Vintar nods. "What about you neighbour?" he raises an eyebrow. "Why are you helping us?"

"Good. That is the job of a good leader. Though most seem not to know it.

Harb takes a deep breath and exhales slowly before continuing.
"As each morning the light of Pelor rises into the sky to chase away the night I rise each day to bring Pelors light to those places still in shadow. That is my duty and my blessing" and some day's my curse He finishes in his head.

His tone shows that this is something he has said often a mantra believed with all of his soul. The source is much pride but also some sorrow.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow, Wood Elf Druid 1

Willow seems not to notice Dydan's spell as she wraps up in her now-clean cloak. She stands by the cart, silent, and ready to move on..

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Niimyr, drow warlock

Niimyr blinks in the bright light outside, reflexively shielding his eyes with one arm before realizing it and abruptly lowering his limb.

"Takes some getting used to," he mutters before adding in a louder voice, "So, let's go! Can't let the necromancer wait, can we?"

River Song

Explorer
Vintar, Human, Cleric

Leaning in close to the half-elf servant of Pelor, Vintar whispers. "Umm, does he.... actually ... speak to you?"

His own recent communion with his god had shocked him to the core, he had always believed...well sort of but it was hard to ignore the voice of god.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-elf Paladin of Pelor

"Directly? Once, yes. Mostly indirectly in dreams and omens, though I do believe I have seen some of his servents. He gave me my calling as clear as the sun on a cloudless day. Beyond that it has been up to me to set the example he expects of me through the signs he sends and what I know of his teachings of right and wrong."

He looks up to the sky and squints. "BUT, Some days are clearer than others, and always followed by the darkness of night. What of you, do you talk with Erathis often?"

While speaking Harb walks to the cart, nods a hello to the Halfling merchant Dandin without interrupting his work and starts double checking his things to be sure he is ready to go while he waits for the others.

Dandin does so seem to enjoy his work. It's good to see the decency with which he does it.

He puts up a finger as if to ask Vintar to wait a moment. Quietly he walks up behind Dandin and slips a gold coin into his hand and whispers "A discount for those facing west, the elderly" and he walks back to speak with Vintar and the young warrior Torban more.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: I squeezed a lot into my post mainly because it seemed we were in a rush to get to the adventure. That said, I'm intersecting this as a response in where Harb is concerned.

Dandin starts a bit as the large armored fist reaches for him but relaxes slightly at the glint of gold in Harb's fingers. He stalls his sales pitch mid word to listen to the request and then nods.

"Of course noble Paladin. I'm all too eager to help take care of the elderly! Ten percent discount to anyone with a more grey in their hair than not!"

This might cost him a pretty penny, but better to appear to appease the will of the 'holy' than to snub them.

Afterwards, almost seeming as an afterthought, cart packed up and ready to go, Dandin runs up to the priest in the church and makes a small donation of one golden coin.

Sent from my LG-H918 using EN World mobile app

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(Lal, hermit-barbarian, human)

As Lal Qalander loaded the last sack on the cart, he watched Harb step away from Dandin - a noble gesture that, and it was nice to see Dandin going along with it too. Back in the purple lands, there was a god of the Sun... but it certainly wasn't the same as Pelor. Far more interested in human sacrifice than helping the defenseless... But was the god to blame for that, or the church? Who knew? Those were dangerous questions to ask. But this land was different - the gods, the rules, the trees... everything.

Still, charity was universal. But there were many forms of charity.

Lal approached one of the kids gawking at the proceedings. He knelt in front of a little boy, and produced a stout copper coin, pierced with a square hole, covered in strange symbols.

"This coin is a traveling coin. By the time it reached my pocket, it already had traveled thousands of miles, and it has traveled many more since. I want you to have it - it is time it moved on to a new owner. With it you will see the Universe in all its glory"

Lal stood up, smiling benevolently at the awe-struck child, and walked back to the cart. The mule needed tending too. Not all gifts were measured in coins - what price was imagination, dreams? It was the fate of those born in small villages to stay there... or sometimes see the world.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Through the Woods

Torban knew these woods well. His father had taken him on the family's lumbering trips since he was first able to walk. He also knew that the eerie silence surrounding the group was unusual. The forest should be full of the sounds of birds and animals going about their late spring activities. Instead there was an oppressive silence.

Large rocks and boulders dotted the woods, along with shrubs, patches of moss, and uneven ground covered in dried nettles from last year's autumn. Ponds and small streams that all fed into the lake were also plentiful.

The silence was suddenly broken by a load, unnatural moan, answered by another, and another. Something was nearby and it didn't sound friendly.

OOC: Perception checks please.

tglassy

Adventurer
Dydan blinked rapidly in the sunlight, having heard the moaning. He tapped his shirt pocket, letting his familiar, Arylis, poke his head out. He then closed his eyes and focused on his familiar's senses.

OOC: Normally, he has disadvantage to perception checks while in sunlight, but now he's 'seeing' through his familair, who is a bat, and has his senses. This gives him blindsight out to 60 ft, negating his perception disadvantage. In fact, because the bat has advantage on perception checks involved in hearing, and his "Sight" is hearing based, this actually should give him advantage.

Perception Check: [roll0] or if with adv: [roll1]

Remove ads