Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: How close did we manage to close in before the talks started? If there is enough space/hiding places Marius would try to close in, but will not risk exposure to do it (i.e. low ceilinged, plain corridor while everyone looks along the length as opposed to rubble strewn cave with plenty of space on the sides)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

“Ain’t none o’ those lassies bein’ given t’ ye or yer friend, rat bastard,” Morgrym growled. “Ye let them gae, an’ ye all get t’ walk oot o’ ‘ere wi’ yer ‘eads still attached. Otherwise I ‘ack ye intae tiny pieces.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"Whoever you are, you're clearly new at this"

"Does it matter? The problem still remains. The minute you charge, they die. As fast as a blink, a heartbeat, a thought. I made sure it would be so. I may be many things, but I'm not stupid." - the dwarf continues. "Sure, you did take time out of your busy schedules to help these ladies, Shay. Sorry, can I call you... Shay!?" - he smiles a crude, cruel smile. "But you're far from strangers... Morgrym can say that, can't he now? So... Why don't we leave each other alone, following our merry ways from here. I get my dwarf, you get to go unmolested."

“Ain’t none o’ those lassies bein’ given t’ ye or yer friend, rat bastard"

"Now, that's the spirit, Morgrym! I do apologize for predating on your kin. But I had no choice. See, that friend of yours - Dram the mage - has a few secrets down his lab. And I need them. In fact, I only one of them, a small trinket the mage found during his travels. A small trinket, right in my hands and all of this ... ends."

"Come, now, it's in everyone's interest that I do what I do. Hagadark, there..." - he points to an indistinct area within the darkness, clearly ignoring Hagadark's true position - "had a peek at those labs, didn't he? The mage has an entire tribe of elite orc warriors around him, by the gods! Do you take him for a charity endeavor? The more he concocts at that manor, the greater the danger he poses. And he sure is ambitious. Hells, he is ambitious! Come on, help me balance things. Help me get what I need and no one gets hurt!"

"I can even offer you a trade! I'll let all the girls go! Hells, I'll close the damn Long Return for good! Just give me the damn flask, and we're done! Scout's word!"

[So, Marius can be as close as a single tile away from any of them. If he wants to charge the back line, odds are he'd go through the roof, stepping over the horizontal beams to avoid being seen; other areas are rough enough to hide him around, with hollows at the walls and enough shadows to back up a surprise frontal attack.]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

OOC: I’d like to know if this guy is lying, and about how fast he can order the deaths of the girls, and if he will really release them.

Sense Motive: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

“An’ wot is this flask, an’ why shuild we trust ye wi’ it?” Morgrym asked. This man knew entirely too much about them when they’d just come into town. Who was he?

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: He would not want to charge those at the back, but disable this dwarf underneath. I don't have stunning fist, but I can drop down and kick his beard with surprise attack and ki. Also, he might have something like headband or other magic item to communicate with the people above. Nothing one unseen Sleight of Hand couldn't remove >:E if I can identify it. So, did he touch or indicate anything special on his person when he said it. Other options: they are all some kind of demons and have telepathy. Yay! :)

Hagadark whispers to Shayuri
"Lass, you might return topside and get the attention of the guards - you don't have to fight them or anything like that just prevent them from full blown killing of the girls. Do you have spells that might do something like that? Sleep? Hypnotic pattern?"

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], I have Burst Jar that could stun the dwarf (low chance, DC 12) - but it needs one round to mix the chemicals (throw) and in the next round it explodes. Would you allow me to mix them by hand and throw the thing just as it explodes? I will take 1 sound damage from the explosion of the mix on my hands, but it could serve as a show-stopper if hostilities start.

Hagadark will try to work out when Mourgrym will start the fight and prepare the mix few seconds earlier. IF he starts a fight.

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

“An’ wot is this flask, an’ why shuild we trust ye wi’ it?”

"Oooh, nothing much... It's just for protection, nothing else." - his smile lets out more reasons for concern than the companions had before. "Make your choice, will you? Or, maybe, we should change the conditions of this game... I'm giving you a minute. If you don't give me an answer, the slaying upstairs begins. I'd hate to see any 'friends' of yours trudging in here to... 'talk things out' after a rushed trip from the manor, or the streets, or.... whatever."

As Morgrym soon realizes, the look on his face is cruel... Cruel and unflinching. He can - and will - put the girls to death.

[Ok. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], it's perfectly possible to fall down on him with a move. Just roll the attack as usual. It seems implied that the power comes from the headband. As he talked, he tapped his forehead twice. [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], you can mix the concoction and throw it, of course. An alchemy test for timing will suffice. Timer's on, and anything you gotta do should take around a minute - six ten-second rounds, in other words. If [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] is to go up, now she has to count her moves.]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

Focusing on his next move, meditating on every muscle twitch he will do, Marius binds short piece of rope into a loop. Holding his position with difficulty with only his hand holding his weight up, he stretches quickly down and replaces the magic diadem with the rope at the moment the dwarf removes his hand from it. Hopefully, any sensation he feels will be assigned to hair movement.

He quickly checks if guards react to his maneuver and returns back to his hiding place if they are too focused on the Mourgrym to notice him.

[sblock=Actions]
Swift: ki pool to get +4 AC (I'm guessing we'll start the hurt right about now)
[roll0]

If Marius is detected by one of the guards or he's too high to reach from above, he will simply drop between the dwarf and the caster (or adjacent to both if they are adjacent to each other)
replace the diadem as he falls so again any sensation is possibly assigned to the wind of his passage
(sleight of hand being a skill of misdirection and attention diversion)
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], too many variables here, so feel free to roll for me as needed Stealth (to return to hiding) or Acrobatics (to somersault down) or whatever else needed depending on what happens with the guards and if the dwarf (or the caster!) notice the exchange (I rolled 20 on SoH).

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

As Marius made the attempt on the headband, Morgrym nodded to the others. He waited to see if Marius was successful.

OOC: If we successfully get the headband, Morgrym will “agree” to get the flask. Then he’ll head back up and sack the Long Rest in retribution and rescue the girls. If Marius gets caught, then he’s initiating combat and casting Summon Nature’s Ally III and summoning a constrictor snake to grapple the man, hoping he won’t be able to get off the orders if he’s grappled and can’t cast.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Neurotic

Night
Round 0

As Marius made the attempt on the headband, Morgrym nodded to the others. He waited to see if Marius was successful.
OOC: If we successfully get the headband, Morgrym will “agree” to get the flask. Then he’ll head back up and sack the Long Rest in retribution and rescue the girls. If Marius gets caught, then he’s initiating combat and casting Summon Nature’s Ally III and summoning a constrictor snake to grapple the man, hoping he won’t be able to get off the orders if he’s grappled and can’t cast.

OOC:
I don't think he needs to cast anything, he said it is a thought, a breath - sounds like concentrate at-will power. Maybe it would be better to grapple the caster - abomination? He cannot communicate with those above without the band - if we guessed correctly. Good thinking on grappling beast :)

Remove ads