Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
"I'd definitely say splitting up is a bad idea," Shayuri says to Marius lightly. "We can send the women on their way and continue onward to our meeting if that's what's important." She looks at the tower. "Though my instincts tell me this is significant as well."

She nods. "So then. Everyone ready to head down?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
The ominous sounds of the working machine come to a halt as the companions decide their next actions. A pair of voices echoes in the dark, resembling whispers as they go. Around the walls, carved faces, inhuman and terrifying, shine a thin coat of water, aligned as relieves at the walls down.

Marius and Morgrym can identify a few words coming from beneath, "cover blown" and "time to bleed the cattle" among them, followed by a harsh complaint on cavernous tones.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

While the party discusses its options and ties the guards up Hagadark fiddles with his alchemical bag. Soon, he holds a vial containing silvery liquid.

"Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly. Send the women away, if Arvana manages to put them somewhere safe, all the better. If they just wait for us, fine. But we need to go."

Hagadark looks down into the pit.
"We will be immediately noticed if we start this thing. Can any of you climb or fly down? If not, we use the rope. I have a way down." The alchemist waves the newly created vial.
"I am willing to give it to the scout. Or I can just go and ready the rope." he also unwinds the thin, soft rope. "You should be safe. I can lower you all down if you think we have time."

OOC: Rope assisted descent should be quite safe even without skill. Hagadark can grant climb and swimm speed. Note that between three enlarge potions, heightened awareness and this, I'm out of all extracts (but those handed out still work). Any caster with feather fall could save us quite a bit of trouble.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

“I’ve go’ these,” Morgrym said, pulling out three of the vials they’d found underneath Maran. “Three potions o’ gaseous form. Shuild get us doon there safe an’ soond an’ quiet like. An’ if needed, I c’n shapeshift intae somethin’ tha can fly.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Enlarged: Str +2 (16/3); Dex -2 (10/0); -1 attacks (+5); -1 AC (20); Axe 1d10+3

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

“I’ve go’ these,” Morgrym said, pulling out three of the vials they’d found underneath Maran. “Three potions o’ gaseous form. Shuild get us doon there safe an’ soond an’ quiet like. An’ if needed, I c’n shapeshift intae somethin’ tha can fly.”

"Such as bat? It shouldn't be too suspicious in the mine. I can go down the rope and keep quiet. Hagadark could save his potion for the time we need to get out. Or you could distribute those potions so you have a panic button. We can go down without expending those. They are expensive and may be more useful later when we have to go through some dangerous area."

Marius looks down checking the length of the rope. I will drop on the cage, just to see what is going on.

OOC: Can I use Acrobatics to repel down the rope?
Acrobatics +10; Climb +0; Stealth +10 (or +12 if concealed in darkness)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

“Fair ‘nough,” Morgrym said with a shrug, tucking the potions away again. “An’ a bat’s a wee bit tae small f’r wot I c’d dae jus’ yet,” he admitted. “Guess climbin’ doon it is.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Enlarged: Str +2 (16/3); Dex -2 (10/0); -1 attacks (+5); -1 AC (20); Axe 1d10+3

Spells Prepared
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Acrobatics can be used, considering the distance, yes. It'd be like reducing damage from the fall, only a lot easier. I'll give you a DC 10 going down, plus the stealth bonus for darkness concealment. I'll count you as scout, as usual, giving info as you pass the test. As for the others, what are the preferred methods for going down - fog, ropes, feather fall or shifting?]
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Taking the rope in his hands, Marius quickly drops down to the cabin just visible from the top. But he misjudges the stability of the contraption and as his weight settles on it, it shifts and groans. He stills immediately, waiting for some response before waving the others down while he looks for the way in.

[roll0]
[roll1] <-- note that this may be different depending on the observer - if the creature has darkvision, I don't get concealment from darkness

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym glanced at Shayuri. “If ye can get us all wi’ feather fall, then great. Be ready. Otherwise we’ll see wot we can dae.”

Morgrym started to climb down the rope.

OOC: Just FYI, a rope with a wall to brace against, or with knots, is only DC 5: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/skills/climb.html#climb
Plus we’re not really in danger/under pressure, so we should be able to Take 10. Morgrym has a +6 Climb, so he makes it automatically.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Spells Prepared

Remove ads