• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius flows with the body of the naga, staying across from Mourgrym, maintaining the flanking position. He lashes out with the leg he had prepared in the last attack in powerful arc. The leg connects solidly with the coil, causing small puff of golden dust and leaving sizzling trace of acid. The leg bounces off and straightens out, extending fully in side kick near the head, nearly same places he hit with the last combination.

[sblock=Draconic]
"Dragon swats the knight of the horse"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Flurry of blows; damage; acid damage: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
1D6+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D6 = [4] = 4
1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D6 = [5] = 5
- Total 27 damage (4 acid)

Crit confirm: 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14;1D6+8 = [1]+8 = 9 - NOPE
[/sblock]

UPPER FLOOR

[Ok, so the bombers draw swords as a free action, causing no attacks of oportunity, but two crossbowmen are within reach and they trigger the OA! Two more in the back, actions spent. I gotta tell you, you were really unlucky. It's the first set of 20's I roll in combat since I started this game, and all are on you, @MetaVoid! THREE 20's!]
I believe drawing the weapon is move action that doesn't provoke. And with BAB +1 you can do it as part of the move. Since they didn't move it is moot point. Crits happen and I delayed attacks for two rounds against 3-5 attacks - it was bound to happen. I could spend IronSkin to negate the crit, but I still have half my hit points and plenty of attacks to prevent with extra AC. At least not everyone confirmed :) And I appreciate lack of poison.

Now that I consider - multiple opponents, single attack instead of taking bombs to them and damaging all of them... Not smart.

[Ok, so the Naga bites Morgrym and swings at Marius. I'll give an OA trigger for the maneuver, considering it like a movement. I'm mostly ruling the movement without marking the map bacause I think everyone visualizes everything quite well for now, and bacause it goes way faster like this. Every turn I'm giving you guys the initiative and I'm rolling them afterwards. Sounds good? :) When we reach the central fights, I'll settle for the map and the initiative scores as usual, but since this is a side-quest surprise... :p]

If Naga normally has that attack or even if you just decided it will be killed to quickly and gave her bonus attack you shouldn't grant OA because it defeats the purpose of multiattack. I'm sure the party will appreciate extra attacks :) ... it's just...poor thing is already blind :)

Now to some real action.

Last edited:

Hagadark slashes his sword downward at the crossbow wielder and gets good hit in. He immediately moves the sword in pulling, cutting motion lightly to the side toward himself, cutting into the shoulder and arm holding the girl under knife point. While he hopes not to kill the girl with the maneuver by pushing the knife in, he doesn't see other solution except to surrender. Which really isn't much of a solution. He is wounded and needs to bring this to an end quickly.

The arm is sliced open along the bone and blood falls on the ground.
"You have chosen. Your lives are forfeit."

[sblock=Actions]
Free: heal 5hp (my last)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] <-- ignore this, it was just in case the attack is a crit threat.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ROGUE DWARVES]
Knife wielder 17/30
X-bow1 13/30
X-bow 30/30
Shortsword 1 30/30
Shortsword 2 30/30

Base Atk +4
CMB +5
CMD 12 (can’t be tripped)
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16
HP 30
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +1[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym continued his assault upon the naga, his axe slicing deep and fast.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Flanking (Should be 22, as I forgot flanking)
Cold iron battleaxe: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 497r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blind gyrations of the monster enable Marius to land another strike, not very strong, but with his traninig any blow is painful to the recipient.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri casts another spell, and flames swirl up and around her, twining like serpents. They twist and coil around her arms, then spring out as she completes the incantation, propelling themselves with hollow hissing roars towards the beleaguered naga!

(Attack rolls include +1 for point blank shot and +2 for it being blind)
[roll0] ranged touch (naga is denied Dex to AC from blindness) for [roll1]

Archon Basileus

First Post
UPPER FLOOR

The crossbowman is cut deep! He roars as the blade crosses him, but still stands! He shakes, his face shadowed by pain and rage while he prepares yet another attack! The second cut reaches the other rogue's shoulder as fear creeps up into Hagadark's soul... Could he kill her? There's blood in his gaze, and as he moans in pain to sink the blade into the lady's throat, she bashes her elbow against the bruised arm, setting herself free! She escapes his gaze, and as he plunges the dagger against her, she still manages to dodge the attack, falling back on the floor!

"Kill them! KILL THEM!" - she screams in an insane, fearful tone, as her body clashes against the cave floor.

ELEVATOR

As the elevator reaches the upper floor, combat still rages. Marius' charge shakes the creature once more as Morgrym's blade rises, darkened by the foul blood once more! The beast shivers, seeing death approach it, and in between hisses and curses, it invokes a powerful spell in her own tongue. Names of lower planes fill the air as Shayuri's body motions to invoke yet another scorching ray against the beast! Right before the naga invokes her own spell to save its mangled, bloodied body, it's engulfed by fire, disappearing within a mass of devouring heat!

EVERYONE

The elevator stops as the heroes rest. The naga falls, twisted by cuts, strikes and fire, the scorched body twitching and letting blood squirt all over the floor.

At first, the rogues are shaken by the scene, but they become overtaken by a desperate rage! Forgetting everything about the hostage, they charge forward, cutting and shooting their way towards the heroes!

"ALL OR NOTHING, BOYS! CHAAARGE!"

Their fanatic gazes push them forward, thirty for blood!

The two swordsmen charge against the massive orc. One swings at nothing, while the other hits Hagadark's belly [6 points of damage]. The crossbows click right before the shots, one of them reaching the giant's shoulder [6 points of damage], the other one plucked right below the neck! [Critical confirm - 12 points of damage]. Even more blood runs from the giant as the other heroes contemplate the battlefield up above!

[sblock]
Knife wielder 17/30
X-bow1 13/30
X-bow 30/30
Shortsword 1 30/30
Shortsword 2 30/30
[/sblock]

[Thanks for the damage page, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]! I reproduced it here, to make matters easier. The naga's down and we stillhave six rogues to go. Remember that you can have two more up front, mostly with reach against the bombers and the two swordsmen, now - I'm considering that Hagadark can reach the back line on account of size. Round's your, guys! Damn, I'm finally getting reacquainted with the bulk of these rules! :)]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

OOC: Forgot mutagen (post #582) strength bonus - this would add two more damage, but it would cause bombs -1 to damage too so it cancels out. The critical part of this one is that AC +2 which makes my AC 23, not 21 :)
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], I will spend immediate action to negate the crit and remain standing, dropping AC back to 19
HP: -1/43 + however many prevented from crit!
Is there a space he can shift to to open the area for Marius and Mourgrym?

As the arrows streak toward him, the one hitting him in the chest causes short flash of magic as the metallic shine of his skin slows the arrow to less painful wound, but disappears in the process. Seriuosly hurt, he is relieved to see the rest of the group. But he cannot waste time healing himself. There are enemies too close for comfort. As the girl falls down he chops down with all his might, splitting the dwarven leader from crown to sternum, lodging his huge blade deep into the chest bone.

The girl is splattered with brain matter and blood as the dwarf explodes under the giants fury.

[sblock=Actions]
5' step aside
[roll0]
[roll1]
Confirmed with 18 for 14 damage extra in the next post
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dwarves]
Knife wielder -10/30
X-bow1 13/30
X-bow 30/30
Shortsword 1 30/30
Shortsword 2 30/30