Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

((I think Shayuri goes before Morgrym can again? Anyone else left in this round? Sorry if I screwed things up with the fog cloud. Not seeing a map makes it difficult.))
OOC: I would always prefer more ofensive powers, but blinding the archers and making them come closer is good tactics...it is just that it prevents US from targeting them too. I really dropped the ball on this one, I was counting on non-trained intimidate - more story than game mechanic - and I wanted to save some bombs for later - I have 4 remaining for today. And it nearly got me killed.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: I can heal you next round, if you want. He can dismiss the fog cloud any time. I just thought the crossbowmen were farther back and we could deal with the melee characters. Didn't realize we would be on the edge of it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I can heal you next round, if you want. He can dismiss the fog cloud any time. I just thought the crossbowmen were farther back and we could deal with the melee characters. Didn't realize we would be on the edge of it.

OOC:
By the description, archers were only 10' behind the front line and bombers now wield shortswords (total 15' area) - once we're in melee, we're on the edge of the cloud since you covered the dwarves - archers are out and Hagadark will hit with his bomb only if they stepped closer in order to see us. If I were the archer, I would move BACK and either shoot blindly high over the heads of my allies or simply ready an action when the mists disperse. But I didn't really carefully read every post from above, it was MetaVoids problem ;)

Archon Basileus

First Post
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] got it right! The archers were only ten feet away, so the damage takes them. And that was some serious ground-leveling attack, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]! Also, loved the descriptions! Extra XP for that!]

[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], you can go if you want to, and I'll arrange the actions as they go. I'll understand if you want to wait for [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]'s action, though, since it holds lots of controlling potential. Still, you have only two men standing now. Also, consider that your cloud stopped them from shooting Hagadark - they'd have landed at least one shot, if not for the miss percentage, when I rolled the dice. He'd be down by now. :) as for their movement, I share [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]'s opinion. It's the best course of action - either you retreat and shoot, or you escape, in case of no winning chances.]

[I'll put their actions on hold as you guys decide the round. I only need [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]'s actions and we're good to go!]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri turns away from the writhing of the naga in its death-throes, and with a snarled incantation hurls another blast of that magic 'dust' at the dwarves! An explosion of glittering light envelopes them...positioned to avoid her allies as well as possible.

In the end, blinded or not, the shimmering of those motes would illuminate them well enough even in the fog bank.

(Glitterdust with my last 2nd level slot, getting as many as I can, and the archers preferentially... A DC 15 Con save or be blind, but importantly they cannot benefit from -any- concealment while dusted. Including the concealment of fog. :))

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym grinned evilly as Shayuri caused the enemy dwarves to glitter within his fog cloud. “Guid girl!” he said, stepping up and swinging away with his axe at the glowing form of one of the rogues in front of him.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: To nearest enemy.
Action: Battleaxe: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 497r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

After Marius' hit, the dwarf bends forward, right knee on the floor, gasping for air and clearly unable to fight. The cold deflagration comes right after, settling dew-drops over the unfortunate dwarves' skins. The staggered rogue doesn't even rise, his heavy breath forming clouds on the cold air for a second, right before his hands crisp in a gesture of despair. He faces the group, begging for mercy with wide eyes and a twisted face, but it's too late: the dew turns to ice, his body stiffens and he's frozen in place, his skin turning blue as crystal shards form around his stiffened members. One last burst of heat leaves his mouth and nostrils, and a second later he is no more.

As for the second swordsman, the dew settles, opening his cuts even further. As it enters the flesh, frozen burns appear all over his face and arms. The blood darkens and thickens, and the risen shortsword freezes within na inflexible grip. His grin turns towards the shaman, a last glance of hate before he falls to the ground, skin reddened and stretched upon his face.

For a second, all remains silent, the cloud concealing the crossbowmen behind a cold veil. Ice upon the stone floor struggles against the remaining hit from the fiery explosions, still flickering fire around the lift. Suddenly, Shayuri's hand delivers the fatal Golden explosion, covering the bodies of the enemies. From the mists, the glittering archers can be seen as a quick, but sure, mass of limbs in movement. The luminous flash immediately reaps moans from both of them, and the confusion of their movements denote a sudden change in perception. They're blind!

Morgrym profits from the moment, leaping over the fallen swordsman and charging against the first archer, his axe descending with merciless precision as it tears the leather armor open! His chest spills blood as he steps back with great difficulty!

"NO MORE! NOOO MOOOORE!" - the other one screams, releasing the crossbow on the floor as he desperately tries to rub off the dust from his eyes. They shine gold and shiver, dropping part of the dust as they face the cold that settled over their bodies. The other one follows, saying nothing. His hands reach for the fresh wound, saying more than any screams would allow.

"YOU D-DEMONS! W'w'we.... su-rrender."
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

[sblock]
Knife wielder -10/30
X-bow 2/30
X-bow 12/30
Shortsword 1 -18/30
Shortsword 2 -2/30
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius approaches the dwarves kicking their weapons away, just in case and stands in front.
"Weren't you told that your leader is dead and operation shut down. Let me take a look at that wound."
After cursory look he concludes the dwarf will live. [roll0] Quick triage ensures the wound will not bleed any further.
"It is frozen shut, you're lucky. Blindness will clear soon. How about you tell us about the operation while we wait? Don't forget we will hear the other side as well."

Nodding to the girl.
"Miss, are there any more of these around? Are other girls alright?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym snorted. “Ye assume ‘tis left t’ me whether ye live ‘r die, lad,” the dwarf said, wiping his axe clean of blood on the dwarf rogue’s leathers. “Why dunnae we ask the lass wot she thinks?”

Morgrym went over to the girl, approaching carefully. “Lass…?” He held out his hand for the dagger.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 497r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

"I did warn them. But they presented me with a problem. They threatened that girl. But if I surrendered they could've kill us both before you came up. So I had to take a risk."
Hagadark is barely standing and as his stature returns to normal he quickly downs a potion, closing some of his wounds.
[roll0]
"I should've just bombed them all to hell, but I thought they will break. Dangerous mistake from my part."
His orc features melt and pronounced tusks retreat into his mouth as the forehead comes forward, jaw retreats and he slumps down barely standing of his own.

OOC: I'm not sure how many hitpoints he has now, but it is at around 10 including this poor excuse for a potion. I have another one loaded in springsheath for quick access...but I'm not fit for another fight without some rest.

Last edited:

Remove ads