Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym followed the others, alert to danger. “Seems ever’one got oot.” He clutched his axe, ready.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 496r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Looking up brings concerns to the monk. The wood covering the roof moans and pulsates as if something moved within the pavement -a lot of 'somethings', in fact. The situation becomes far clearer as the companions study the area: the smell is everywhere because these things are everywhere! They're within the walls and within the roof, and as the companions notice what's been going on, the floor begins to pour out ooze through small crevices in the wood! In the distance, a set of doors slam heavily, and calculated steps can be heard coming from the stairs, as if a group of people decided to come down and join the conflict!

[Ok, and thus you spring the slowest trap in Gaelia's history! The ooze pours out like a fluid mass and tendrils begin the attack! You can roll for reflex in order to avoid being grappled by the disgusting mass - DC 12 will do. The mass moves slowly, but can attack quite fast. Also, there are several steps coming from the stairs, and these ones are not as slow as the oozes...]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Hagadark looks around and starts retreating slowly toward the group.
"We may have checked the entrance before rushing in. Anyone have any healing remaining?"

OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], check that crossbow crit that my Iron Skin prevented and tell me how many hitpoints it saved. I need to know exactly how much I have.

Bombs 5/9
Mutagen spent
no spells
low on HP

Should I prepare another character? :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
[You have seven more. :) Prepare another character... Well, let the dice fall where they may... But you might be surprised in more ways than you expect, however things end...]

EVERYONE

Four people climb down the stairs: two dwarven maids, two dwarven lads. All four are naked, their eyes staggering ahead. Their limbs jerk them forward, and their mouths are opened as they moan lightly. Behind them, a fifth one comes: a round, older halfling, similar to the others, but a bit more agile. While the creatures march down, roof and floor ramble lightly, letting the odd colloidal push forward to reach the heroes.

"Aahhh, you... Slayers of my twin..." - the halfling speaks as the tendrils go for the companions. "Here to finish us... Yes? No? We live here now. We live here, now. We ran from big mass. We hide here." - he points the walls around.

"We need to hide in here. Leave us be. And we let you out." - he rises an eyebrow, in a strange sort of expression, unknown to the companions for the most part.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You cannot stay here. I'm sorry for killing someone of yours, but we are here to prevent deaths of our own. You are actually fascinating...but killing people, taking them over...that is not right. Can you abandon the body once it is taken? And what happens to the host if you do?"

Marius motions toward the bodies that don't seem inhabited (possessed? infested?) for long.
"I'm guessing it takes time to adapt to the body. Why did you move out of your...of big mass? What does it possess?"
Marius tries to get some time and get them talking. They cannot leave this as is, but again, they cannot win surrounded like this. This is a matter for Dram, however dangerous it is to introduce him to these creatures.

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The shuddering stops for a moment, as the tendrils grow quieter. The gaping mouths of the possessed are staring at the companions, a vague glance upon them.

"The big mass leads. The big mass holds voice. We wanted voice. Suddenly, we wanted to speak. Big mass would not have it. Than black adder bring us here. Offers us shelter. Offers us sacrifices." - the smell around seems to become even stronger, filling everyone's lungs.

"Big mass satisfied as we leave. We satisfied when we left. Sacrifices made, we protect. We offer strength to warrior, we offer wisdom to sage. Sacrifices not satisfied? Sacrifices ... not willing?" - the heads bend to the side, as if studying the heroes, trying to understand, to calculate a further move.

"Sacrifices not harmed yet. We may leave sacrifices. Sacrifices fine. Sacrifices grow weak as time passes. We need to feed. Sacrifices know the price. Sacrifices stronger for a while. Then, sacrifices wither... Die. We gift the people. We do good!"

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"If the people," Shayuri stresses the word slightly, "are not willing, you're not doing good. Goodness is an agreement between intelligent minds...acts that are offered and accepted in good faith. If you force something on someone, even if you believe it benefits them, against their will...then it isn't good."

She took a deep breath, glancing up at the tendrils leaking down from above. Trying to fight like this would be...a very risky move.

"Can you show us your...the people you call sacrifices?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"They stand before you." - the shambling people repeat. Suddenly, one of the ladies jerk down as her nostrils and eyes release the ooze. She trembles a bit as the thing leaves her body. "Your people agreed. They gave us the youth. They asked us to protect. We protect." - the halfling in the back points towards the fallen woman. "There. She will sleep. She will awake. She will be fine. We can't leave. No place to go from here. We need the people. We need to feed. We feed, we protect. It has been so for always. The black adder understood. We want to live." - the tendrils hang in expectation.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius is glad these creatures understand the need for discussion, but not so glad they insist on feeding. Every living creature wants to live, but most don't require sapient hosts.

"You need to understand that not all people think the same. Or have the choice in the matter. What may have happened is that those youngsters were forced to accept you because some wicked people needed your protection and their loved ones were threatened. Everything and everyone wants to live, but killing off intelligent beings is not living."

He considers for the moment.
"Can you feed on animals? What exactly are your requirements? Could you, or more accurately, would you serve as flock protectors, caravan guards or similar by possessing the animals involved? How long can you stay in someone before it is unable to live without you? And do you completely dominate or co-exist in the host?"

Remove ads