• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Shuushar and Eldeth both retreat into the cave. Eldeth scans up the tunnel for any potential threats and sees none.

Bertram and Sarith both withdraw defensively down the web and hop onto the ledge, moving off to the side as much as they both can.

Spider Fight Current.png

OOC:
Surana is up

Sarith
Bertram
Surana
Drum
Derendil
Orsik
Spiders
Topsy
Turvy
Ezraen
Shushar
Eldeth

DMAesh

Explorer
Breathing a sigh of relief, Ezraen says, "Let us away."

He keeps an eye, in case one of the spiders decides to shoot webs again and snatches up his rapier.

SunGold

First Post
As the rest of the party hurries for the tunnel entrance, Surana sheathes her swords and rushes to the ledge to help Turvy in. As she kneels to get a hold of the little gnome, she gives Sarith an apologetic look. "Hold on--it's almost over."

OOC: Since you can drag an enemy with a grapple, can I just go make an uncontested grapple to scoop up Turvy (gently, haha) and use the rest of my movement to pull him into the tunnel?

Then Derendil could do the same with Topsy, and Orsik would be free to Burning Hands the two webs strands.

Uller

Adventurer
Derendil at first doesn't respond. He appears ready to rush headlong into the spiders. Then there is a strange rushing sound inside your head. Derendil stumbles and shakes his head and looks around like someone blinking in the light after emerging from darkness. You urge him again to grab the gnome. He scoops up both Bertram and Topsy then backs away from the ledge into the tunnel.

Orsik steps to the precipice and calls upon Moradin to light the dark with flame. Gouts of fire and light blase from his outstretched hammer, blasting away webs. The main support strands snap and drop out from under the spiders.

Dex Save DC 15 [roll0]
Dex Save DC 15 [roll1]
Dex Save DC 15 [roll2]
Dex Save DC 15 [roll3]

DMAesh

Explorer
Shaking his head, Ezraen exchanges a look with Surana, "What, in Lathander's name, was that?"

He moves toward the injured and lays his hands upon them, giving 3 hp each.

OOC: Sarith and Bertram are hurt, anyone else? I have 10 hp total that I can give with Lay on Hands.

Uller

Adventurer
Bertram comes along quickly with the rest of the group. Sarith stands for a bit. His arms at his side, shoulders slumped, his sword just sort of hanging out of his hand and fresh blood flowing freely from an open would and dripping onto the floor. He stares blankly at the spider as it makes its way toward the wall. The look on his face is one almost of longing...he mutters something to himself then turns and joins the group, whispering something to himself. It sounded like he said "Next time." or "Last time." You can't be sure.

Derendil is quiet for a long period and stares mainly at the floor. He is clearly avoiding eye contact. Topsy and Turvy are huddling together, supporting each other as each are clearly exhausted from the emotional struggle to maintain control of themselves. Shuushar shows no sign of any emotional impact of anything that has happened. Eldeth seems to be focusing on the business at hand to keep her mind off the crossing of the chasm. Orsik's face is ashen as if he is somewhat drained of life.

Bertram is thankful for the helpful healing. Sarith just sort of stares ahead like he doesn't really care. As you poor Lathander's grace into him to staunch his wound your hands give off a faint light. It is rare that you see the drow in light. You notice the patches of orange hue have grown, especially around his wounds.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Surana shrugs at Ezraen in response. "I think that may have been help from someone a little closer than Lathander," she says, reaching a hand over her shoulder to pat Drum on the head.

After Ez finishes healing Bert, Surana approaches the halfling and requests some of his healing paste. "Orsik has exhausted himself for the day, and some of us are still the worse for wear..." She thanks him for it, nibbling on just a tiny bit herself, more to take her mind off things than anything else.

Next she offers some to Eldeth, glad the dwarf's wounds aren't too bad.

Finally, swallowing her pride, the barbarian approaches Sarith with the majority of the paste. "I'm...sorry," she chokes out, looking like they aren't words she says often, and she'd rather be doing just about anything else. She looks at the ground near the drow's feet as she holds the past out to him, clearly feeling guilt about more than his current wounds.

"From out there, it looked like the cave would be the deathtrap. You had been close enough to death for one day...I tried to leave you out there so you could avoid it again. This," she says, eyeing the gash in his neck, "is my fault." She holds the paste out a little further with a look of growing concern as she notices the orange patches. "Please eat. You don't...look well."

Brow furrowed, she stands holding the paste out, looking like she's just reached a hand out to an animal that might be just as likely to shred her hand as take food from it.

OOC: Berries offered/eaten: Surana - 1, Eldeth - 3, Sarith - 5

Remove ads