• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Sarith takes the paste but doesn't acknowledge anything you just said. "I'm going to kill Buppido. He is from Gracklestugh. That is where he will go now. I will go with you as far as Slubloodop but from there I am going straight to the Duergar stronghold, finding him and killing him. I don't think I have much time left but he will die before I do." He then begins walking along with the group.

SunGold

First Post
Seemingly satisfied that the drow is at least eating and mentally present again, Surana begins walking to join Ezraen when she stops to dig in a belt pouch, as if she's just remembered something.

"One more thing," she says. "You had wanted to go to Neverlight Grove, I'm guessing to try and cure..." she trails off with a pointed glance at one of his orange patches. "Does this mean anything to you?" she asks, handing him the map with the strange symbol.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: A (probably pointless--Surana suuucks at these) insight check to see if she believes his answer:

[roll0]

Edit: I stand corrected

Uller

Adventurer
He is emotionless and matter of fact. There is nothing in his words or his demeanor to indicate he is being untruthful. Most of all he seems resigned to his fate that his death is near and unavoidable and Buppido is somehow responsible for his misery so he aims to avenge himself.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Oh...I see. You were asking Sarith about the map.

"This? No. I've never seen it before. This writing looks to have been written by a derro. Probably as crazy as Buppido. Whatever it is, you probably want nothing to do with it."

DMAesh

Explorer
Ezraen looks about at his group of misfits, then seems to come to a decision. He approaches Eldeth and Bertram, "You two are the best guides that we have in terms of survival in the Underdark wilds. You think you can find us a safe, defensible position to rest? We won't make it very far without it, so we should be on the lookout while we travel."

Then he finds Surana and asks, "How are the others? I asked Bert and Eldeth to keep an eye out for a defensible, or favorable, position to set up camp for a rest. We are pretty bad off."

OOC: I was trying to look back to see if I used up a slot for smite, but I think it was killed before I could. If that is the case, I am going to save my spell slots for protection from evil on the twins.

SunGold

First Post
"Rest would be a good idea, I think. Derendil is avoiding everyone. The twins are exhausted. Sarith is ready to die." She exhales with exhaustion. "The problems change, but there's always misery in this lightless hell."

"You should know that Sarith intends to leave us at Sloobludop, since we're headed for Neverlight Grove. He's out to kill Buppido before he dies...probably from whatever that orange fungus on his skin is. He believes Buppido has returned to Gracklestugh, so that's where he's going.

For a long time, I wanted to kill them both, because I was never sure who murdered Nildus...but I believe now that it was Buppido. After Erevan, and seeing how sincerely Sarith wants him dead...I suspect it's revenge for framing him. I don't believe he's a threat to our safety anymore, but I wish I knew what was killing him, not only to help him...but for us all to avoid it. He may be ready to die down here, but I'm not."

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
Are you looking to just take a short rest and then try to continue to try to shake any possible pursuit (which would count as a forced march) or just settle in for a long rest?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: The plan is to continue on, but be looking for a place to take a long rest ultimately. We may need to take a short rest first though. I would, ideally, like to find a place that we can hide and possibly throw off pursuit by having them pass us by (if they are close). Of course, we are trying to have the survivalists cover our tracks as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads