D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus saw the two struggling, and still large, stepped over to them.

“Let me try,” He said, reaching down and grabbing the staff.

OOC: If were doing turns, Terrus hasn’t gone yet.

Using bonus Action, and 2 points, for Feat of Strength, giving +5 to Str checks.

[roll0] or [roll1]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord, Auraia, & Lorenn's Mage Hand

Sesto's Angels began to sing in perfect harmony as Mord reached out for the Diamond Staff and pulled. The dracolich's skeletal grip on the staff held fast so Auraia turned into a gust of wind that blew up to beside Mord and turned back into the genasi, who tried to help him pry the finger-bones away from the staff, to no avail. Lorenn's mage hand also tugged at a smaller finger.

The grip only tightened.

On Mord's request, Imani's voice came through the sending stone: "The Circle is ready, and it is by another stone! I can attempt to move it if you wish, but it may take some time. It would be much better if you could get to the circle that I have open, and as quickly as possible."

Auraia turned back into wind and returned to her place beside SnorLoska.

The Dracolich Dretchroyaster

Suddenly, the Dracolich's enormous skull raised off of the ground where it rested. Both eyes glowed with a greenish hew and wisps of gas gas played about its mouth, only to whisk across the lair and be consumed by the Bhaalite Idol in its resting place.

"Foolish Mortals! You should not have come here and annoyed me as you have. You will regret it in the short moments that remain in your lives."

Terrus

Terrus lunged for the staff and tore it from the Dracolich's grip while the creature was still rising from the enormous pile of treasure that it had been 'sleeping' in.

GM: Yup. Better get out of here.
[sblock=rolls]
Dretchroyaster Strength vs Terrus
Check: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Okay, we're gonna need to use Initiative here, because the order of events is EXTREMELY important. For instance, you're gonna have to beat an Init Roll of 20 if you want to go before the Dracolich's LAIR action. That said, he's still groggy. I rolled a 5 for his actual turn (in which he will probably kill you). So... "ALL" you have to do is survive his Lair Action and his Legendary Actions. He's 'only' CR 22 before the Dracolich Template!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Encounter: The Dracolich Dretchroyaster & the Diamond Staff of Chomylla

Begin Round One (Ten?)

GM:
[sblock=Infiltrators]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Aquaria (C9) AC17* HP 15/60
Auraia (G12) AC17(19) HP 11/60
Lorenn (E12) AC17(19) HP 19/48
Mord (J13) AC14 HP 14/45
Sesto (F11) AC18* HP 31/52
SnorLoska (F12) AC18* HP 19/75
Terrus (I11J12) AC16(17) HP 17/67
Udit (E9) AC15 HP 29/52

Teleportation Circle (D10E11)
Diamond Staff (J12)
Earth Node (N12)

*Pyrus (Running) AC13 HP 28/60
*Torbin (Running) AC15 HP 24/45
*Zander (Running) AC19* HP 39/64
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Dretchroyaster (K10O14)
*Wards 4/4 defeated
[/sblock]

Lair9.png

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC:
Here we go!

Everyone gets +2 to initiative, cause Aquaria is awesome like that.

Auraia: [roll0]
Aquaria: [roll1]
Terrus: [roll2]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: By the way, if you happen to beat 20 Init, feel free to post a turn right away. Otherwise hold off and I'll post what happens on the Lair Action as soon as we have our order

With the Dracolich rising out of its treasure-bed, time seemed to slow to a crawl as everyone's heart began to rush. There was little to do, but every action held a sense of urgency.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Does Terrus feel anything from the staff? Like, dragon killing power or something? Or maybe a +10 to his initiative this round?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Unfortunately, Initiative is not her forte. Information IS, however, and she can discuss plans with him and grant several spells. I will give you a list soon.

Remove ads