D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Zander, Torbin, & Pyrus

The three on foot were climbing the long staircase from the prison to the main hall when the old Bhaalite Temple under Blackpeak mountain began to shake vigorously with the Dracolich's fury. Stones fell from the ceiling, and they had to protect their heads as they ran.

Pyrus could tell if his siblings were fighting for their lives; or worse, if they were dead. Instead, he had the feeling of calm contentment: Success. Now all he needed to do was to survive long enough to be reunited with them.

Zander led them through the main hall and up the long twisting corridor to the gatehouse. He stopped them twice, to disarm traps. Torbin had seen these traps on the way in, and he was able to help. Still, the ground kept shaking in increasing waves until there was a loud cracking noise from somewhere high above. They were knocked to the ground and the corridor was filled with cloying black dust.

OOC: In the first instant, Zander, Torbin, & Pyrus need to roll dc12 Dex Saves to avoid falling stones or take [roll0] bludgeoning damage. After that, they need to make dc13 Con Saves or take [roll1] poison damage and gain a level of exhaustion.

Dretchroyaster

The people in Imani's base camp were striking tents and making ready to leave. The Wizard himself was preparing another Teleport Circle (one which would take them back to his Tower in Hap). Curious friends of the still-missing three climbed to the ridge to look out for them. The black peaked mountain across the river was trembling unnaturally.

Suddenly, a column of rock and stone burst out of the side of the mountain, scattering rocks and boulders for perhaps miles around. Though no one was hurt, one such rock crashed into a tent in the camp and buried itself into the ground.

The Dracolich Dretchroyaster rose from the hole left in the side of Blackpeake and began to slowly circle the mountain, looking for those who had stolen from him.

tglassy

Adventurer
“Well, the Dragon is distracted,” Terrus said, more calmly than he felt. “You could send me back to the spot we just left, and I could easily take control of the Earth Node. Not sure how that would help, but it might do something.”

Pyrus dex and con:

[roll0]
[roll1]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Glancing up from his work creating another teleportation circle, Imani said "I think my time would be better spent getting us out of here and back to the village of Hap. There is only a matter of time before Dretchroyaster will see through my illusions and spot our camp here. This will take some time, so if your friends are alive and leaving the Temple by the gate or the Watchtower, you may be able to retrieve them in time."

Corrah said, "'Cept if we leave the camp to cross the river, that big old bag-of-bones will probably spot us from the sky."

"We must try," suggested Loklafd, "I know a quick route down to the river where we can stay under cover. Who is with me?"

tglassy

Adventurer
“Or I can get them over here,” Auraia said. “I’ve got enough juice to transport one more group, as long as they’re close enough. If I can get close to those then, I can get them back here.”

OOC: Auraia should be able to go Nova at least one more time. All she did was summon her blades and teleport everyone once. And i think she summoned her blades once before. She’s done some little things here and there, a short teleport or gust of air, but she starts with over 30 points. She should be good. Especially since she spent most of the last two
Battles on the ground.

Terrus hasn’t used THAT many psi points. Flight was 5, growth was 2. Then some throwing around. Oh yeah, he used 5 to get the staff. Beyond that, he’s not used a few points here and there. So he probably has at least 10 or 12 left.

Aquaria might be able to do one more major healing, but she raised Auraia, healed a few people and gave everyone an extra turn. She’s probably pretty close to being drained. and Pyrus is basically drained. He used up most of it killing the simulacrum.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Yeowww!" Zander cries out as a large rock slams into the back of his leg and thigh. Standing the warrior limps along. "Survive a dracolich, just to be killed by a bunch of rocks. If I live through this, I am defiantly retiring."

OOC: DEX save [roll0]
CON save [roll1]

Remove ads