ICv2 Fall/Winter 2014 Hobby Game Rankings: D&D Up To #1

ICv2 has released its quarterly hobby game rankings. No surprises here - Dungeons & Dragons has taken the top spot back after several years at #2, as expected, though how long it can hold it without an aggressive release schedule remains to be seen. Pathfinder follows at #2, and Numenera, Fate, and Star Wars all make showings in the top 5. As always, the charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. This is for Fall/Winter 2014.

ICv2 has released its quarterly hobby game rankings. No surprises here - Dungeons & Dragons has taken the top spot back after several years at #2, as expected, though how long it can hold it without an aggressive release schedule remains to be seen. Pathfinder follows at #2, and Numenera, Fate, and Star Wars all make showings in the top 5. As always, the charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. This is for Fall/Winter 2014.

1Dungeons & DragonsWizards of the Coast
2PathfinderPaizo Publishing
3Star WarsFantasy Flight Games
4NumenaraMonte Cook Games
5FateEvil Hat Games

You can see the list on iCv2. And check out the historical compilation here.

enworld_icv2graph1_morrus.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Ah, I see it. Paizo is #2 among card games (with a game that comes in a really BIG BOX). D&D Attack Wing is #4 in minis.

In terms of the big question, what happens next, as someone on record, many times, that D&D is going to crush it, Paizo is actually looking really good...

OK, OK. Look at the board games. What is number 1? Settlers. Still. Like forever.

So I agree, with the 3 core books D&D will have enough momentum to be #1 next quarter, and maybe many quarters after that.

I think both Paizo and WOTC will do just fine for the next several years. I also think most people working at each company genuinely like it that way, and don't care about who is number 1 or number 2.

Dahak

Explorer
Not to diminish the importance of which permutation of Dungeons & Dragons is in the top spot, (and imma gonna let you finish) but Numenera is #4! w00t!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Not to diminish the importance of which permutation of Dungeons & Dragons is in the top spot, (and imma gonna let you finish) but Numenera is #4! w00t!

And Fate continues its resurgence and Star Wars remains the top "not D&D" game.

Zardnaar

Legend
Numenera has some of the highest production values seen in an RPG book and it has Monte Cooks name on it. I have owned it for almost a year and have not got around to running a game with it yet.

Remove ads

Remove ads