ICv2 Fall/Winter 2014 Hobby Game Rankings: D&D Up To #1

ICv2 has released its quarterly hobby game rankings. No surprises here - Dungeons & Dragons has taken the top spot back after several years at #2, as expected, though how long it can hold it without an aggressive release schedule remains to be seen. Pathfinder follows at #2, and Numenera, Fate, and Star Wars all make showings in the top 5. As always, the charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. This is for Fall/Winter 2014.

ICv2 has released its quarterly hobby game rankings. No surprises here - Dungeons & Dragons has taken the top spot back after several years at #2, as expected, though how long it can hold it without an aggressive release schedule remains to be seen. Pathfinder follows at #2, and Numenera, Fate, and Star Wars all make showings in the top 5. As always, the charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. This is for Fall/Winter 2014.

1Dungeons & DragonsWizards of the Coast
2PathfinderPaizo Publishing
3Star WarsFantasy Flight Games
4NumenaraMonte Cook Games
5FateEvil Hat Games

You can see the list on iCv2. And check out the historical compilation here.

enworld_icv2graph1_morrus.jpg

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It is funny how these rankings generate the exact same conversation, almost word for word, quarter after quarter, year after year, every time they're released. Which is cool - it means new people are joining the conversation, rather than the same people each time. Vibrancy makes me happy!

People coming to this site to rehash the same stuff over and over again makes you happy.

Or at least "happy".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, why didn't you plot Iron Kingdom RPG on your graph in 2012 and 2013?

Well, there are two possible explanations. One is that I have a raging anti-IK agenda, and the other is that I didn't spot that. The fact that you asked suggests to me that you believe the former to be possible, which rather terrifies me! :)

lud

Explorer
Well, there are two possible explanations. One is that I have a raging anti-IK agenda, and the other is that I didn't spot that. The fact that you asked suggests to me that you believe the former to be possible, which rather terrifies me! :)

So that makes all the front page posts about Unleashed parts of a strange expression of your raging anti-IK agenda! This is worse than I could have thought...

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Presumably three months from now, almost exactly. They're quarterly results, and this thread popped up as soon as someone spotted the current ones.

This is what I thought too, but I read they release 3 a year now. This was the winter/fall "quarter". Maybe I'm mistaken.

Remove ads

Remove ads