Idle Questions

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
This thread is for idle questions to which you simply want to ask and don't really expect an answer.

* Has anyone ever actually made Otik's Spiced Potatoes?

* Wouldn't the job of being Elminster's apprentice be, like, surprisingly dull? Your boss goes off, saves the world, gets the girl, and all you do is practice your alchemy or whatever. Plus, good luck trying to outlive the guy and collecting on the inheritance.

* Speaking of apprentices, I wonder how many of them make money during summer break by casting mending for the locals?

*Do you think interplaner travelers annoy bards by requesting "Freebird"?

*::cough:: WhereTheHeckIsAsgard? ::cough::

* Are rangers two-fisted drinkers?

* Just who are those guys who father all those Half-Orcs? Is beer goggling to blame here?

* What do beholders do for fun? Do they go to comedy clubs? If so, what do they do for stand-up acts?

* Who would win in a fight: Gimble the Iconic Gnome Bard or Mechagodzilla?

* OK, so what kind of archwizard really wants to be a lich? Wouldn't being dead kind of take the fun out of things? ("How's that cheeseburger, Vecna?" "I wouldn't know, I'm still dead.")

What are your questions that you don't expect an answer to?

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
Wippit Guud said:
* What happens if an intelligent sword of dancing decides he doesn't like you anymore?

"Redgar, I've been giving this a lot of thought and I think it might be better if you started adventuring with other weaponry. I've been growing in new directions and I'm just not the same +3 sword you found in a crypt full of undead. It's not you; it's me. Besides, I have a 37 ego, I'm sure you'd perfer to spend time with a blade that's more ... on your level. And let's be frank, I didn't appriciate it when you called me 'the old ball-and-chain' in front of the other swords.

Don't worry, we can still be friends."

* Has anyone ever actually made Otik's Spiced Potatoes?

Yes, I have. Ick.

* Wouldn't the job of being Elminster's apprentice be, like, surprisingly dull?

No, because you get to be Robin the boy hostage.

* Speaking of apprentices, I wonder how many of them make money during summer break by casting mending for the locals?

Only the ones that have tolerant masters.

*Do you think interplaner travelers annoy bards by requesting "Freebird"?

No, they request "Smoke on the Water".

*::cough:: WhereTheHeckIsAsgard? ::cough::

Try a lozenge for that.

* Are rangers two-fisted drinkers?

No, because that -2 penalty means they miss too often. Wouldn't want to have a drinking problem.

* Just who are those guys who father all those Half-Orcs? Is beer goggling to blame here?

Dating shows, actually.

* What do beholders do for fun? Do they go to comedy clubs? If so, what do they do for stand-up acts?

They write columns for fashion magazines, being experts on Beauty.

* Who would win in a fight: Gimble the Iconic Gnome Bard or Mechagodzilla?

Gimble, since M.G. has that major size penalty to hit and AC.

* OK, so what kind of archwizard really wants to be a lich? Wouldn't being dead kind of take the fun out of things? ("How's that cheeseburger, Vecna?" "I wouldn't know, I'm still dead.")

Most archwizards don't figure that out until a little too late...

What are your questions that you don't expect an answer to?

* Do dragons have a viable breeding population? With the number of new species that keep popping up, do they have sufficient numbers to avoid inbreeding disasters? If so, should Toril be knee-deep in the things?

*Why orcs and not hobgoblins?

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Dragons don't have a good population size, but their high death rate (stupid adventurers!) keeps the gene pool competetive.

Orcs are more prevalent than hobgoblins because nobody can say "hobgoblin" with a straight face.

On the topic of idle questions, who would win in the battle of the munchkins? Drizzt, or Elminster?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Re: Re: Idle Questions

Savage Wombat said:
* Wouldn't the job of being Elminster's apprentice be, like, surprisingly dull?

No, because you get to be Robin the boy hostage.

Hong is Robin the boy hostage right now, if you know what I mean... and I think you do.

Actually, Elminster is a 9th lvl wizard with an "apprentice" who is a 13th lvl expert (public relations)/4th lvl bard. Every time Elminster dies, she goes out and recruits a new one, building the legend. I understand that she's gone through something like 11 of them at this point.

aliensex

First Post
Tee-hee :D

* Under the Shambling Mound entry, it lists its speed at 20ft. Can anything really Shamble that fast?

* If you become the leader of a thieves guild, are you now Rogue Leader?

Last edited:

Gimble

First Post
Who would win in a fight: Gimble the Iconic Gnome Bard or Mechagodzilla?

You have to ask? Even Mechagodzilla would fall for my charm. While he was ordering me some scotch (mmmm...) I would reset him and make him reboot in Jungle Boogie mode.

Remove ads