if an army charged a transpent stone wall?

GWolf

First Post
Ok so say I built a strong hold with a gathouse in the back, and the rest was a covered by a wood wall but then a transparent stonewall outside of the wood wall, and say a good size army went to charge the wood wall and ran headfirst into the stonewall what would be the effect?

Zhure

First Post
Why would any group charge a wooden wall? To smash it to flinders with a battering ram or something? The whole army probably isn't going to charge simultaneously, just a group of sappers. They'll get a rude surprise when they encounter the invisible stone wall too early, probably drop their ram (assuming it's a carried ram), but then recover early.

If the entire army is intent on scaling the wall, they'd probably only lose a few moments of inaction, then use their ladders to scale the wall they can't see but are now aware of.

Greg

RigaMortus

Explorer
I guess they would stop, fall down, and get back up. What else would you expect? Are they traveling like 50 MPH towards the invisible wall or something?

Xarlen

First Post
I expect the front lines would be crushed under everyone else ramming into their backs, and then getting trampled on.

hong

WotC's bitch
Also note that a transparent wall makes great cover for enemies, where they can't be hit by your own arrows and fireball spells. You can garrison the wall, of course, but that sorta defeats the point of making it invisible.

Remove ads