If Gibberlings don't make it into Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, I'll be mildly upset!

What should I do if Gibberlings are not included in the new book?

• Write a letter and complain to the company.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Rant-and-rave on a 3rd party web forum.

• Tweet an angry tweet!

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Make a YouTube video yelling at Mike Mearls and demand Gibberlings!

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Blame the Drow.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Make a homebrew 5e equivalent.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Browse the DMs Guild for one.

• Retreat to the wild, dig a deep hole, and become the Gibberling.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Nothing, do absolutely nothing.

Votes: 11 17.2%

Slit518

Adventurer
One of my favorite hoard creatures is the Gibberling. They're gray, sickly looking, smell terrible, are covered in a thick black coat of hair, hate any type of bright light, even torches, sound like rambling madmen, and attack in groups.

I've been really waiting for their official inclusion in D&D 5e. So I hope they make it this go around.

If they do not make it into this inclusion, what should I do? (poll provided)

Gibberling.gif

I'm kind of surprised they haven't appeared yet either. I made two lists for what I wanted to see in Volo's (a short list of about 5 and a full 100 creature list), and gibberlings were the only ones from the short list not to get in. I do really hope they get their 5e update in MToF!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
There is a pretty decent DM's guild product with them in it and a pile of other far realm creatures.

... it's too late for me though, the PCs are already past that point in the adventure!

Slit518

Adventurer
I am getting the shovel ready to dig a really large hole into the earth. I am going to start becoming the Gibberling. I've already practiced not showering. Soon I will infest my body with the bugs of a million swarms! And then I will find a cow bone as my primary weapon of choice. The sun has set on me, I will become Gibberling!

Slit518

Adventurer
There is a pretty decent DM's guild product with them in it and a pile of other far realm creatures.

... it's too late for me though, the PCs are already past that point in the adventure!

Not if you throw a hoard of 100 or so at them in ideal conditions!

One thing I've wondered about gibberlings - where do they get their swords?

Most of their stuff comes from things found in the underdark that they have scavenged. So for example, if a creature drags an adventurer down there, gear and all, gibberlings can come across the remains at some point.

I'm just wondering why the ones in Baldur's Gate were on the surface, especially if they hate light.

I thought THIS was a Gibberling... :erm:

View attachment 96685

This is a Gibbering Mouther, 1 letter away from Gibberling. Close, but not quite there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases