If Great Figures in History were Gamers

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Einstein: Complete Traveller junkie but man, the house rules you'd need to deal with....

Jesus: Mutants and Masterminds, or Call of Cthulhu. Anything not involving killing people and taking their Stuff.

Hitler: Pictionary. "What is that, Adolph? A fish? A hat? You suck at this." "Bah! I invade all of Europe instead!"

Genghis Kahn: Tunnel and Trolls. "So, all other things being equal, the side with the most people wins. I can get behind that..."

Stormonu

Legend
Gutenberg wasn't much of a player, but he brought about the indie press of his time, when gamers preferred hand-illuminated rulebooks.

korjik

First Post
Einstein would have to play a diceless game: 'God does not play dice with the universe'

Never play a naval battle with Rutherford. He would have tissue paper and all your shots would bounce back and hit you instead.

Heisenberg? I am uncertain what he would play

Pauli would have a system where only one rule could be in any one case.

Dont play Star Wars with Oppenheimer. Just trust me on this one.

Richard Feynman would run a game of Toon, and you would walk away going 'Dude, I know physics!'

Schrodinger would play something like Call of Cthulu, but all he would have is a box with a cat in it. You would find out that player and sanity no longer commute.

Dont let Enrico Fermi play anything with mad scientists in it. You will end up with a nuclear reactor under your seat. Either that, or in your squash court. Most gamers dont have squash courts tho.

korjik

First Post
464px-Patrick_Henry_Rothermel.jpg

"Give me Liberty, or roll initiative!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

Our Founding Fathers would have been all about some rules-heavy 3.5E or Pathfinder action. Oh yes.

How do you figure? Their whole rules set is like one page. It is all the House rules that are hard to keep up with!

Starfox

Hero
Heinrich Himmler: Pendragon

Well, Himmler was actually a LARPer, and the SS is what we got when his pals didn't understand the spirit of the game. If Himmlers original intention had carried trough, it would all have been swords, castles, and Parzifal.

Hitler tolerated this "foolishness" but was more of a diplomacy player. Or is that a Diplomacy LARPer?

Seriously, looking back at the Third Reich, if there had been RPGs back in those days, the world might have been saved a lot of trouble and got some pretty extreme campaigns instead. Half of the leaders were already living in their own fantasy worlds.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Jesus of Nazareth: Pandemic

Nah...Jesus of Nazareth would have been a fan of Scion.

;)

And Hitler would have written FATAL and RAHOWA.

Milli Vanilli would have written Star Wars SAGA...or at least, that's what they would have claimed for about a year, before the truth came out.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
How do you figure? Their whole rules set is like one page. It is all the House rules that are hard to keep up with!
That's exactly my point. They would choose a game that would not only allow, but encourage them to go absolutely crazy with the houserules.

Also:

W. Mark Felt - BESM
Sam Walton - GURPS

Last edited:

FireLance

Legend
I have it on good authority that Hitler would have played 3.5e, and he would have played a Frenzied Berserker. :p

WARNING! Strong language (subtitles) in video link! Click on the SBLOCK at your own risk!

[SBLOCK][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5uWXNBYgY]YouTube - Hitler's D&D Character Dies[/ame][/SBLOCK]EDIT: Is there any way to link to YouTube without the vidcap showing in the post?

Remove ads