If Great Figures in History were Gamers

Jack7

First Post
No way. Roosevelt was a total Ranger. He even had Favored Enemy: Animals.

And favored allies. Animals.

But, I was really talking about what Roosevelt would want to play and how he saw himself, rather than just what he'd really be as a person. (He's both one of my favorite presidents and one of my favorite historical characters.)

But you gotta real point. So I'm gonna revise that to:

Roosevelt - Paladin/Ranger hybrid.

and Shakespeare to - Bard (of Avon)/Rogue.

By the way if you ever get a chance to read the books The River of Doubt, or his own Through the Brazilian Wilderness - My Voyage Along the River of Doubt, about Roosevelt's expedition through the Amazon, you oughtta. They're great.

Oh, and here's a couple more:

Benjamin Franklin - Wizard (cause he's an inventor and scientist ahead of his time)/Rogue (cause he often was)

Tesla - Wizard extraordinaire

Last edited:

circadianwolf

First Post
And Edison would be the lawful evil warlock playing against Tesla.

Hitler would be the whiniest munchkin of all time, of course. In 3.5 he'd jump for Pun Pun (and possibly convince everyone it was okay).

Cassius would play the BSG board game (playing Baltar every time, to maximize chance of Cylonity).

Alexander would play Rome: Total War, according to the History Channel. (It's what they often use to illustrate his tactics, hilariously. Or perhaps the actual Alexander expansion.)

Aloïsius

First Post
Napoleon : Europa Universalis, also playing a hobbit warlord.

Khrushchev : the card games : Munchkin. Don't ask why, I don't know.

Stalin : he would have played to paranoia. But only as a DM. The DM is your friend, comrade. (OMG, that's probably the most frightening campaign I have ever imagined. Stalin as a DM...)

Adam Smith : Monopoly.

Darwin : Pokemon, obviously.

Aleister Crawley : Mage, the ascension. But only as a DM, and only with goth chicks as players.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Conan or Judge Dredd, depending on his mood.

Berlusconi: GURPS Tabloid.

Ronald Reagan: I can't remember the name of that weird game GW published back in the eighties. It revolved around a communist invasion in the US, with the characters being freedom fighters. The slogan on the box read: They want your house, your car, your VCR.

Erich Honecker: Awful Green Things from Western Space.

Columbus, Diaz, etc: Age of Exploration, but they would absolutely curse the random card draws.

Remove ads