D&D (2024) If the surveys are not read (+)

Clint_L

Hero
So, there are a lot of implications to this, and if the hearsay is correct, the situation is scandalous. So scandalous that I want to see some hard reporting before I overreact. I have spent a lot of time providing written feedback to WotC. So my initial response is to feel very, very ticked off but it may be that I do not have the complete story.

I would like on the record clarification from WotC of exactly how they use our feedback, and our written feedback in particular. I want people who matter on the record, telling us unequivocally what the process is and whether or not every word gets read by someone who matters. I want to know what the process is for distilling that written feedback and conveying it up the chain of command. I want to know exactly how much consideration it is given, and by whom.

If it has simply been a PR scam all along, as alleged, then I want a public apology from whoever ultimately permitted that to happen, and I want a new policy in place, vetted by us. If they actually have no use for our written feedback, then I want that stated, unequivocally.

They have the right to not want any of our feedback, written or otherwise. But they do not have the right to use us as patsies.

TheSword

Legend
My suspicion is that they use the quantative scores. Then where there are low results read the comments to get a flavour of why. That’s why most comments are there - context for the numbers. Not to individually consider something that can’t be quantified - like it’s another question or something.

Clint_L

Hero
My suspicion is that they use the quantative scores. Then where there are low results read the comments to get a flavour of why. That’s why most comments are there - context for the numbers. Not to individually consider something that can’t be quantified - like it’s another question or something.
If that is the case, then that is very different than what is alleged in the D&D Shorts video. This is why I want on the record clarification of the exact process.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
I recall Jeremy Crawford stating explicitly that they read every single thing people write on the surveys, so if they don't even read anything it's gonna be a big yikes.

I understand not wanting to solicit a bunch of ranting and raving, but I find that predicting what exactly I think OneD&D is shaping up to be based on the overall thrust of the playtests within the specific hypothetical framework of them not reading the survey feedback is a tall enough order without also needing to be positive about my conclusions.

Good luck to anyone who wants to give it a go.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
There's not enough oned&d stuff to form much of an opinion over yet. I'll probably keep doing breakdowns like in my sig... Although to be completely honest I might be more excited about other upcoming ttrpgs because the total failure to support GMs with 5e has eaten away too much good will.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases