• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could play in a campaign of your choice, what would it be?

Drowbane

First Post
1) mid-high level 3e++ (3.5, Tome, Gestalt, etc)... preferably with access to the planes. Like something starting in FR -> Sigil.
2) something Game of Thrones-esque using d20. Low magic, intrigue based, etc.

Blackwind

Explorer
Polaris.

An extended In a Wicked Age campaign where we develop histories, maps, family trees, etc. through play.

That backstabbing, player-driven Italian Renaissance campaign we keep talking about but for which we can't decide what system to use.

Spelljammer (AD&D), with my old gaming buddies from high school all gathered at the same (physical) table again.

Call of Cthulhu (or maybe Trail) with a GM who really knows the mythos.

Locien

First Post
Spelljammer (AD&D), with my old gaming buddies from high school all gathered at the same (physical) table again
Actually I though of a plane-hopping campaign in the astral sea a la 4e but with more of a spelljammer planetary romance sort of campaign would be fun; you'd explore a lot of weird and unusual planes and fight a evil multiplaner empire or two.

For fantasy: I'd love to play in a Spelljammer or Planescape style setting where the DM was ok with "traveling circus" style characters. (things like medusa, ogres, or awakened animals.)

For sci-fi: Either a TOS Star Trek game where the GM really knew the setting material or the crazy hybrid mashup setting that I've been working on and off for a while now. Krogan jedi and sly hynerian scoundrels versus the Kahn's finest Specters all the while a rebellious group known as "the redshirts" works to return the Empire to the ways of the Old Federation.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Honestly? I'd want to play in the steampunk game I am running with Spycraft 2.0.

Somehow I seem to know exactly what I would want in a game.... :erm:

Barring that, a good creepy steampunk game, preferably using Spycraft 2.0, with mysteries, evil things hiding in the shadows, weird science, and dark magics.

Air gone toxic from the factories that darken the skies and a class system that maintains the status quo at the cost of the working man. (I want 'punk' in my steampunk.)

Steampunk - Building Dystopia by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

The Auld Grump

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Something ridiculously over-the-top. The epic 3.0 game with my half-dragon anthropomorphic tyrannosaur monk was a start, but went like 2-3 sessions before the DM just gave up.

Others...I'd like to play in a Deathwatch game, and an Exalted game would be good, too.

Brad

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Anything except vanilla fantasy.

Ideally, anything that duplicates the style of Final Fantasy's world design. DM's who think humanoids are OK as PC's without having to deal with "people see you as evil and hate you by default". Games where guns are accepted and even have classes designed around using them. Games with heavy steam-punk influence.

Crazy as it sounds, the World of Warcraft is pretty close to the setting in which I'd love to play.

Also, Pirates. Especially Sky Pirates.

Remove ads