• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could play in a campaign of your choice, what would it be?

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
The Traveller game where I replaced Terra with the Earth from Transhuman Space and threw in a little 2300 AD for flavor. It was a great idea that got vetoed by two out of six players who wanted to play Jedi instead of grownup SciFi.

Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green/Kult crossover (the Demiurge took our divinity to make us less tasty to the Great Old Ones).

A cross between Dune, Fading Suns, and 3025 Battletech.

Aberrant using Mutants and Masterminds.

Ravenloft using the nWoD.

Empire of the Petal Throne with the Ischin Races, Acubon, Maudra, and Salu from Skyrealms of Jorune added to make it little more post-Transhuman

The Tangents/Time Travel Alternity module I wrote years ago.

Ars Magica...'nuff said.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Having always been the Marshall, I've never been a player in a Deadlands game (HoE or Weird West), and I love the original system so much that it would be my first choice.

Anything in my signature would be awesome, however.

A game set in Jack Vance's Lyonesse, using Pendragon as the basic engine, supplemented with a well-executed mashup of Ars Magica and The Dying Earth RPG for the magic system.

If someone could get on that, it would save me a lot of work.

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
When I first started playing, we had one of the guys running a Top Secret campaign that was really cool, and fun to do.

Twilight 2000 was always fun, as was the Recon campaign I ran (although, I think a modern military campaign would be cool, and not just the Vietnam era gaming).

Gaming in Ancient Rome... perhaps a D&D campaign... would be interesting...

Elf Witch

First Post
I want to play in a fantasy game that mirrors the feel of King Arthur. Or the settings of Katerine Kurtz Deryni series.

Where knights have to come from noble families.

Magic is rare and scary and practitioners are looked at with fear and hate.

A world that is not so PC correct where nobles do enjoy more rights and protections than the lower classes.

Kings rule by divine right.

Chivalry and honor are important codes and to break them is unthinkable and costly.

A powerful church where you can have intrigue going on and priests can get away with doing evil things.

karlindel

First Post
It's a tough choice, as there are several games I've been wanting to play for some time.

At the moment, I think my top choice would be a Fading Suns game, as I've been in a bit of a sci-fi mood lately, and Fading Suns is one of my favorite games in that genre.

Dresden Files RPG is also high on my list, as I'd like to try out the FATE system, and I am a fan of the novels.

Deadlands is one of my favorite RPG and world settings, and I'm always interested in getting in a good game of it (preferably using the Classic rules).

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Two campaigns I always wanted to play and never were able to play through to the end game:

1. A 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign playing a Banite priest looking to conquer the world or at least carve out my own evil empire. I wanted to have a group of players get together and form an evil adventuring group with a hierarchy built around the religion of Bane. Our goal was to gain power and establish a powerful empire dedicated to Bane.

2. An evil campaign where we ascended to godhood becoming the godking of our own empire able to stand not only against the strongest comers in the world, but the gods themselves. I would use the Pathfinder system now.

I'm still hoping for an AP where the final module is ascension to godhood. That would be fun.

3. A GURPS special ops campaign where our group plays special operations soldiers, preferably SEALS, that conduct operations over the course of several years run by someone that really knows how to bring that world to life. I've always wanted to play a special operations soldier in a long, well-developed campaign that possibly carries over into the private world when the soldiers leave the military.

Locien

First Post
Meikyu Kingdom!! translated into English. Not because it's the best game ever, but because then it would be translated and other people could enjoy it's so very unique insanity.
Holy :):):):). I got that on my bookshelf, and I can't really read it because I only know about 150 kanji.

But for a game I'd like to play in, let's see...
1:Super Robot Wars-every PC has some some sort of over powered Mecha; the campaign would be about defeating an apocalyptic extra-dimensional invasion.
2:A game roughly based upon Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, basically an alien world that humanity has colonized with no way off and is filled with xeonbiota. Physic powers like Marvel comic's mutant powers would be included, and I'd have Mecha also thrown in(though less powerful than the super robot war mecha).

Remove ads