• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could play in a campaign of your choice, what would it be?

vonmolkew

Explorer
To play in the world of Greyhawk, where the rewards are not just money and magic items, but titles, and information, and the gaining of gratitude, friendship and respect from some of the iconic characters that make the world what it is. One where combat actually matters, not just a series of random encounters strung together so everyone can get their "hack and slash" every week. To explore some of the great locations just to see whats there and why and not particularly for personal gain........

Or a GURPS campaign mixing the Cyberpunk, Illuminati and Blood Types books into one (allowing use of High Tech and Ultra Tech as well)

Jon_Dahl

First Post
I'd love to play my own near-freeform superhero-campaign, since I'm the only one who can understand what's going on and I find it the coolest game that I've never played.

I would love to play a 2eAD&D campaign - but under VERY specific circumstances.

* The house rules are agreed upon prior to character generation.
* We start at 0-level
* We play every other week

The DM for this super campaign is Piratecat (Because Kevin is freakin' awesome with a rocket attached)

Players are Umbran (just because I want to meet this brooding mod), Crothian, King Henry, A friend from the east coast who is not on these boards named Jesse, Jeff from True Dungeon/Dwarven Forge and myself. (making me the 'weakest' player of the group.) Having played with most of these guys at one point or another, or having picked their brains while they GMed, this would be an awesome table I believe.

Alternate players would include but are not limited to: Danny Alcatraz(my brother from another mother), Rel (because he usually pulls something out of his butt that's way unexpected), Merric B (because we'll need a cache of good minis), Religue de Madde (because he seems like he could take things left of center without breaking the campaign), a first round draft pick and player to be named later (sri, I had too)

Aramax

First Post
A pre-3e D&D campaign wherein every inherent quirk, every strangeness, is not only present, but also glorified, revelled in, and what's more, made to make sense. Yes, I know that the last bit goes against the oh-so-popular mantra of, "It's just a game ffs eleven!" and the like.

Even so, and keeping in mind that I mean "make sense" in terms of some older D&D setting or other only. Not in modern day real world terms. Mm'k? ;)

A campaign where the essential "D&Dness" is amplified, "fictionated" (after the fact, natch), and - one might hope - thoroughly enjoyed by all.

No, not freakin' Eberron. Neither Ptolus. Nor Barsaive. Nor any other setting you might have in mind, that says to you "D&D that makes sense". Why? Because, for purposes of this, my post, you're wrong! :lol:

No, really. :rant:

The DM would be using the weirdest of the weird settings from way back.* Preferably with either AD&D 1e or OD&D rules. Not some modern simulacrum. :p

* Which is...? :hmm:
you might love my game!It seems to meet all your criteria,keep looking theres prob another one out there!

I specialize in Cthulu,acid trips(in character of course)Monsters that are both non standard and fought in non standard ways,weird is my middle name.
It makes it very tough on finding nwew players as I think they want some thing more standard.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I would like to play Iron Kingdoms anything. I really love that campaign setting as it's probably one of my favorites. Magic and steampunk blended together. Awesome.

Remove ads