• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could play in a campaign of your choice, what would it be?

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
A Pendragon 4th edition game, but with a grittier, more pseudo-historically accurate, tone than is set out in the rules

OR

A D&D game (using my houseruled Castles & Crusades rules) where I'd get to go through classic adventures

OR

Harnmaster (I've never tried it but would really like to).

OR

A 2nd edition AD&D Planescape game would be fun too...

OR

Mayfair Games DC Heroes (3rd edition) set in the Kingdom Come alternate timeline.

Last edited:

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
AD&D 2e Ravenloft
d20 Modern Zombie Apocalypse
3.5 E6 (or anything else suitably low-fantasy)

I've recently come to realize that I run 4e because that's what the majority of my players like, but if I had my druthers, I'd prefer to play something far grittier.

I want to play in a Sci-Fi space Opera Adventure Path, published by Paizo, created by James Jacobs and written by the gang of adventure authors who are the usual suspects for Paizo's Adventure Paths.

Can I add to that the rules designed by the WoTC game designers, and the setting being by Lois McMaster Bujold?

I'm not being flip here: One with good people, that lasts more than six months. I'm the GM for my group. While I get to play in one-shots in game days, and I have played in some campaign larps, I don't get to play tabletop campaigns much these days. So, being a game I can play in far, far outstrips the system concern.

Ouch :( Sorry to hear that.

This, or alternatively:
Wraith: Oblivion with a DM _and_ a bunch of players that 'get it'.
I actually got to play CoC _once_, but it was more funny than a typical session of Paranoia, hence I'd like to play it again in an atmosphere that does the subject justice.

In my opinion, the best ruleset ever produced for CoC is Dread. I'm not sure I wouldn't use two towers - one for death, one for insanity. Or would one be better?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'd like to play in a Twilight 2000 Seven Days campaign.

The missiles are launched, the war erupts, and right then the Fifth Division finds themselves sent to, not Krakow, but Never Never Land and the Backstep Program, to which Operation Reset now refers. They find the base under attack by a Spetsnaz Seven Days unit from a Soviet version. Surviving them they find a dying Dr.Ballard who tells them how to activate the machine, and of 'Conundrum'. The machine would need to be a mass transit version to fit the PC unit, I think.

I would not want to DM such a campaign. After that premise the whole campaign would explode to ridiculous amounts of needed detail. As in, how do you stop, or win, a worldwide nuclear war?

Jeff Wilder

First Post
My first choice would be to play in a Mutants & Masterminds campaign. (I'm GMing one, which is almost as good. M&M is one of the few games I've played in which GMing is so close in feel to being a player.) I'd love to play in a game that is reminiscent of the Claremont/Byrne era of the X-Men, complete with teenaged mutants, space pirates, hideous flying Alien-analogues, rival academies, and so on.

I'd like to play in a Shadowrun campaign in which all of the players are interested in playing shadowrunners, as opposed to ridiculously armed and armored combat monsters. (There's always a couple of these in every group ... )

I'd like to play in a Pathfinder game with a GM who knows Golarion like the back of his or her hand. (I'm in a Pathfinder game right now, and it's actually very fun, but it's just an adaptation of Castle Whiterock, so it'll pretty much be 90 percent dungeon or more.)

ssampier

First Post
Top 10 Games

10. Gaming with people that are clean
9. Playing a weird-but-cool game like Rifts with a wacky-and-fun GM
8. Finding people that are willing and able to regularly play your obscure-but-cool game
7. Old school gaming in AD&D 1e/2e hybrid FR gray box with awesome players
6. Gaming with a story telling DM in Ravenloft
5. An awesome DM with any rule system
4. Adventuring with a brass knuckles kill-or-be-killed DM in Dark Sun
3. Cartoon gaming with a hilarious GM in a funny game like Toon
2. Free form gaming with super-cool people in a diceless improv game
1. Gaming with good ole buddies who don't mind your lame Monty Python jokes and your love of Dr. Pepper and Salt & Vinegar Chips

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Ravenloft using SAGA
[MENTION=15608]Galeros[/MENTION] With Force powers and lightsabers?

I would love to play Planescape again, 2E or 3.75E (Trailblazer). I've run three PS campaigns and a dozen 4E sessions, but haven't played in the world since 2E.

Last edited:

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Meikyu Kingdom!! translated into English. Not because it's the best game ever, but because then it would be translated and other people could enjoy it's so very unique insanity.

Alternately, Promethean with The Perfect RPG Group. Because Promethean really demands that Perfect Group. You need players who are confident and comfortable exploring potentially offensive concepts without being creepy. You need players who enjoy philosophy and psychology and religion without being pretentious. Players who can do the whole childlike wonder thing without coming off as cheesy and pathetic. People who can get immersed in a depressing world without getting too caught up in it, who don't let it affect them outside of the game. And the Storyteller needs to be twice as good.

But, if you have that and you pull it off, you will have basically the Perfect Game.

Granted, Promethean and Meikyuu Kingdom!! are basically polar opposites.

Remove ads