• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you were Scott Rouse, would you call out for the next week after tonight's mess?

If you were Scott Rouse, would you call out for the next week after tonight's mess?

• Yes

Votes: 73 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 27.0%

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Nah. E.g. some banks have guards to protect from criminals robbing the bank. Doesn't mean they suspect everyone in the whole world being a bank robber. Or pirate.

/M

No, it's more like, the bank has completely done away with internet banking because there were some cases of online identity theft.

Obryn

Hero
In all seriousness, I don't envy anyone in WotC whose face is pointed outside the company walls right now.

I'm disappointed, yeah. But I'm disappointed in the "My buddy just got back with his awful ex, who was horrible to him" kind of way and not the "I WILL BURN ALL MY BOOKS DIE WOTC DIE!" sort of way.

Like, "Guys, I love your products and think you've been right with some of your unpopular decisions. But this decision? Silly and stupid."

-O

ChaosShard

Explorer
Think about it this way:

If he gets in at 9am PDT, the poor guy hasn't even had half an hour to digest this yet.

I feel for ya, Scott. Regardless of what people say about WotC, we luuuurrrrrve The Rouse :)

Mikaze

First Post
What the hell is wrong with you people?

Why don't you all go and get some sleep and wait until WotC releases it's official statement before throwing your poo around?

Because if we go to sleep we might miss another sudden closure of service?

Seriously, the only reason I was able to secure all of my legally bought and paid for pdfs was because I work night shift. There are some things which are pretty much indefensible. Screwing over legit customers in the course of a night with little(if you bought from Paizo) to no(if you bought from RPGNow and DriveThruRPG) warning falls within that subset.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
If I were Scott, I'd go to Vegas for ale (or other substances) and whores.

But then, that's what I'd do if I was anyone else for only a day, and didn't have to deal with the repercussions. :cool:

Darn Ninja (its not just pirates out there you know), beat me to the punch.

Oh how you speak the truth. I'm sure he has already started packing his bags and in be Vegas in days*

*The GAMA Trade Show is next week and I am fairly confident he will be there.

webrunner

First Post
Nah. E.g. some banks have guards to protect from criminals robbing the bank. Doesn't mean they suspect everyone in the whole world being a bank robber. Or pirate.

/M

Actually a guard analogy kind of works here:

Let's say every guard has a tracking device in their uniform, letting the people know when and where every guard was during the course of the night.

Now, let's say one guard decides he wants to help some guys rob the bank at night.. he lets them in and then escapes with them.

They get easily caught because of the tracking device, and are prosecuted.

Now, what does the bank do about your security in order to prevent this from happening again?

If the bank was WOTC, they fire all the guards and don't hire new ones because apparently that's somehow safer.

The legal PDFs were an anti-piracy measure. PDFs of the books existed before that. Making legal ones which were watermarked let them catch the guys they just caught- as the watermarked PDF led them back to them, and most pirates got theirs from the online stores for convenience -enough of one to make them not bother scanning the books themselves, but not enough to STOP them from scanning the books if they had no option

Now it will be harder to find the crooks. Stopping legal sales is a pro piracy measure. If I was a Hasbro board member I would be furious at this.

People are complaining they run too much like a business.. but it's really the opposite.. they're running it like they want to go out of business. What's their next anti-piracy measure, put the PDFs up on rapidshare themselves?

CaptainChaos

First Post
If I were Scott, I'd have been looking for a new job six months ago. First the GSL debacle and now this. They can't pay him enough to be such a punching bag.

People are complaining they run too much like a business.. but it's really the opposite.. they're running it like they want to go out of business. What's their next anti-piracy measure, put the PDFs up on rapidshare themselves?

OH NO!!! There's a leak at WOTC!! Even YOU know thier strategy!:lol::lol:

Remove ads