Ignore cover for melee??

Artoomis

First Post
There are a few feats or powers (and maybe items?) to ignore all but total cover and concealment for ranged attacks, but what about melee attacks? Is there anything?

Thanks for your help! :cool:

keterys

First Post
Cover for melee is actually very rare. Concealment, of course, is pretty common... Blind Fight in epic basically removes most concealment for melee purposes, but I'm not sure about anything ealier.

Artoomis

First Post
Cover for melee is actually very rare. Concealment, of course, is pretty common... Blind Fight in epic basically removes most concealment for melee purposes, but I'm not sure about anything ealier.

Blind-Fight is good, but not what I had in mind.

Cover for reach weapons can be fairly common. I'd like something like Hunter's Aim be avialable for melee weapons.

Artoomis

First Post
Hawk's Talon, Ranger 7

Not much else.

Thanks, I missed that one. It does not quite work for me, but it (or Hunter's Aim) can be a model for a new feat, perhaps.

Unless there is something in PHB2, I'll need to get my DM to let me take me a custom feat. It's part of what I used to do with this character in 3.5e, and we are trying to capture the "feel" of those characters in converting them over, as much as we can, anyway. I had much fun it telling the DM that cover did not apply to my attacks - and doing it over and over... :)

Of course I'll need to limit it to only the -2 for cover/concealment. That seems obvious given the other examples out there for ranged attacks. I just hope I don't end up needing two feats to get it - one to multiclass to get the prerequisite for the feat I want.

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
There are a few feats or powers (and maybe items?) to ignore all but total cover and concealment for ranged attacks, but what about melee attacks?

Hunter’s Aim works equally well for melee but only works with cover and concealment, not superior cover and only for Rangers obviously. I'd probably just work from Point Blank Shot, and have an equivalent Paragon Tier feat but for Melee.

Remove ads