• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ignore lists...and missing stuff.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Really, it's a tool for those who may have poor impulse control, yet have the wisdom to understand their poor impulse control. :)
I'm not sure it's accurate to characterize all the people who use it -- and I bet Morrus could hit us with some stats on how many thousands of people have at least one person on ignore here -- with so broad a brush.

I use it. I use it freely. Life's too short to deal with some jackass trying to prove his manhood over how much he's offended about how someone else plays a game or something.

It'd be one thing if ENWorld were home to weighty discussions about parentings and politics and religion, but two of those three are pretty much verbotten. So all I miss are the rantings of someone I would walk away from in real life. I'm not missing learning about some profound aspect of life -- I'm missing someone frothing about the Forgotten Realms or the 3E grappling rules or the like.

ENWorld is meant to be enjoyable. If silencing some of the idiots -- and again, without naming names, I bet Morrus could tell us that some people are ignored by hundreds, even thousands, of the same users -- makes it better, why not use it?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], I just added you to my ignore list. Try mentioning me and lets see what happens.

Edit: Maybe try leaving a comment in xp, too?

I'll remove you from my list in the morning.

Bullgrit

Last edited:

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Anyone tell me if renau1g has [MENTION=24218]ment[/MENTION]ioned me yet? I'm ready to take him off my ignore list, but if he hasn't tested, I don't want to reset too soon.

Bullgrit

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Thanks jonesy.

Just removed renau1g from my ignore list. I didn't see/get notice of the @ mention, and didn't see/get notice of the xp message.

I love experiments. Thanks renau1g.

Bullgrit

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I added someone to my ignore list a while back and I still get notifications when they quote my posts.
You could try taking him off and putting him back in to see if it goes away. I think the notification settings were only recently changed.

Remove ads