• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ignore lists...and missing stuff.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not sure it's accurate to characterize all the people who use it -- and I bet Morrus could hit us with some stats on how many thousands of people have at least one person on ignore here -- with so broad a brush.

He's not characterizing the people - he's describing what the tool is designed and intended for, to help folks understand its parameters and limitations, and what you can expect to accomplish through its use.

Crazy Jerome

First Post
Most of the people on my ignore list, in all the forums I have ever participated in, have eventually been banned. Some of them it takes awhile.

However, there is one other type that isn't quite in the "keep me from giving them the finger" realm. Every now and then when I take the family out to eat, there is "that guy" sitting at a table. You know the type. He is talking really loud, about something that he thinks really important, and he radiates the attitude that he is just 100% convinced that what he has to say is so trenchant that everyone in the place wants to drop whatever plans they have and listen to him.

Of course, on a forum, no one has to "listen" to anyone. You don't have to read any post. But I don't have ignore ability in the above situation. So when someone gives off that attitude on a forum, I ignore them here, because I can. :lol:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I've never "ignored" anyone, mostly because everyone - even those who I might most of the time have no time for - eventually has something useful to say, and I don't want to miss it. :)

Lan-"I have nothing useful to say right now"-efan

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I haven't used the ignore function yet, but then I've only been here a little over a year. I'm also not super-passionate about any of the topics that come up, so people don't tend to set my blood boiling (although I do sometimes shake my head in wonder at how worked up people can get about things that seem pretty insignificant to me).

Dice4Hire

First Post
I love ignore lists.

A few months ago, mine had gotten to 15 or so, and I removed everyone from it, and since have only put one person back on. Granted, I have not seen several of the old list members post in quite a while.

I put people on it who are just broken records about their views. Every discussion they say the same thing, with the same argument. Or ones who just rub me the wrong way. There are a few out there.

Enworld is just nicer that way.

I have found CM very boring since I put everyone over there n my ignore lists. ;)

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I've never "ignored" anyone, mostly because everyone - even those who I might most of the time have no time for - eventually has something useful to say, and I don't want to miss it. :)

I have used my ignore list in the past, but like Lanefan says, even someone who annoys you might have a valuable insight from time to time. So I periodically revisit and clear my ignore list. It's currently empty.

EDIT: Though, sure enough, there's a thread or two out there with posters really clamoring to be on it...

Last edited:

Remove ads