Ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I haven't had time to set up a test user and actually walk through what happens.

However, the documentation I have found says that "Ignore" controls what you see. Not what they see. So, if you ignore someone, you won't see their posts. They can still see your posts. You will, unfortunatley, be able to see when they like your content. And, in a page that's got stuff you have ignroed, there's a link to show it to you. So, some self-discipline to not go looking for trouble is required.

I suspect some folks would like to have a full "block" feature, which would also keep the blocked person from seeing your stuff. My reading so far is that XenForo does not supply this natively. It would likely require Morrus to install a plug-in, which may not come quickly.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I can certainly see how two-way blocks were useful to some. And maybe at some future time, Morrus will implement a block.

We have gained another feature or two that may help keep arguments down. We'll have to have some discussion on how we will want to use them most effectively.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I just wish people you ignored couldn't send you IMs. Which they were able to on the old system. There are plenty of reasons to ignore someone (they aren't just people you find irritating), so getting IMs from them after you've ignored them feels almost like harassment, especially since they know you ignored them.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Eh, I don't have an issue with this for the most part. If someone wants to reach out to me privately, that can often lead to a resolution of any issue that might have arisen.

OTOH, if someone is harassing you in IMs, that's when you notify a moderator.

That's just it though. There doesn't have to be an issue to resolve. As I mentioned, there are many reasons why you can put someone on your ignore list that have nothing to do with conflict. Therefore, there is nothing really to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads