• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's SoW: Rescue at Rivenroar

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Anyone want to check out the stairs, or anything else for that matter?

Upon arriving close to the ruined castle, Elias scans the area: "Well, we made it this far. I suggest we scout the area around the castle, and if nothing turns up, we explore the stairs".

It's rather clear the scholar is no too eager to go down those steps, but there is no question that he'll do it. Those kidnapped victims need help, quickly.

Shayuri

First Post
Aliyas nods.

"I'll go first. Let me get ahead a little, then follow slowly."

Moving silently even on the flagstones, bow in hand and arrow nocked, the elf the edges down the stairs and into the darkness beyond.

(Stealth check 21. Roll Lookup )

The Digger

First Post
Peregrine drew his sword and, holding it to his lips, kissed the blade and spoke a quiet prayer; one that he had heard before and found...appropriate!

"Kord. Thou knowest how busy I must be this day; if I forget thee, do not thou forget me!"

Then, to the others, "Come. Let us be about our work."

With that he slowly moved after Aliyas.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Aliyas creeps down the steps, bow in hand. There is a light at the end of the tunnel as she takes another step down and ducks her head in.

There are four creatures standing guard; two hobgoblins in the center of the room, and two goblins guarding a rear exit. They don't appear to have heard anything... yet.*

Rivenroar-01-001.jpg
*Aliyas can act in the surprise round.

The others are a distance behind Aliyas on the steps, there just isn't room on the map at this point.
Initiative (after the surprise round)
16 Aliyas
13 Brega
12 Elias
10 Jormund
10 Hobgoblins
7 Goblins
6 Peregrine

------------------------------------------

[SBLOCK=Status]
[SBLOCK=Aliyas "One-Arrow" Minheida -0/26]
AC 16 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
Init +4 AP: 1
Used Surges 0/8 (Value=5)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Brega Grimstone -0/31]
AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 11 Will 13
Init +1 AP: 1
Used surges 0/12 (value 7)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Peregrine Thistledown -0/27]
AC 20 Fort 12 Ref 14 Will 13
Init +5 AP: 1
Used Surges 0/11 (Value=6)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Elias -0/30]
AC 15 Fort 14 Ref 13 Will 14
Init +0 AP: 1
Used surges 0/10 (value 7)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Jormund -0/26]
AC 14 Fort 13 Ref 13 Will 15
Init +1 AP: 1
Used surges 0/9 (value 6)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Agh, sorry I missed this...)

Crouching down in the dancing torchlight shadows, Aliyas waits for a moment to let the others get closer...then carefully brings her bow to bear on the lead hobgoblin and fires a rapid salvo of arrows at him!

(Twin Strike for 26 and 12 to hit, doing 8 and 5 damage. Roll Lookup Note that I get another +1 from Prime Shot...forgot to factor that into the rolls. Both attacks on H1.)

Remove ads