IG's SoW: Rescue at Rivenroar

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Gah, that went fast. Or maybe it just feels like it because of the connection issues. Sorry for the delay all!)

Aliyas glares daggers at the goblin that shot her, but reminds herself that it did little good to give in to distractions or taunting. Stay focused. Stay disciplined. That was the hunter's way.

Deliberately she looked away from it, letting it see that its wound was of no concern to her...despite the angry waves of pain that radiated from it. And yet in the pain was clarity. She drew her arrows with calmness she'd lacked before, and loosed them with a cold anger that steadied her hand and sharpened her mind.

After the shots she looked back at the goblin as if to say, You're next.

(twin strike! First shot is a crit! natural 20 for 8 damage plus hunter's quarry. Is that maxed too? If so, 14 to H1. Second shot is 24 to hit for 7 damage. If H1 is still standing after the first shot he gets the second too. Otherwise H2 gets it.) Roll Lookup

(if I need to roll Quarry, feel free to do it yourself (1d6) or ask me and I'll append it.)

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=Crits]Everything that you would roll on a normal hit is maxed on a crit. So HQ, Sneak Attack etc are all maxed. Only those dice which come in BECAUSE of a crit have to be rolled eg magic weapon crits.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Peregrine swings at a hobgoblin but misses terribly.

Aliyas plants two arrows inthe other hobgoblin and staggers it. Still, the thing stands and fights!
[sblock]HQ is maxed as well; h1 is bloodied[/sblock]

Brega finishes off the freshly bloodied hobgoblin by smashing its skull with his heavy maul. The dwarf can't help but notice that the first kill of the battle is his.

Elias strikes the remaining hobgoblin with his scorching burst, but the goblin hasn't moved into position.
[sblock]18 vs. Ref hits for 6 damage (includes bonus from pact boon); you still don't need to roll initiative for each round.[/sblock]

Jormund catches his breath and unleashes another cloud of daggers on top of the goblin. The goblin seems unaffected thus far.

The remaining hobgoblin lifts its flail and slaps the halfling hard with it.
[sblock]23vs. AC hits Peregrine for 10 damage[/sblock]

The first goblin moves up into a corner and launches another bolt at Brega, but thankfully misses.
[sblock]12 vs. AC misses. Lucky... this time.[/sblock]

The second goblin moves up into the opposite corner and goes for the halfling, with a drastically different result. Peregrine suddenly realizes his dire circumstance.
[sblock]21 vs. AC hits for 8 damage[/sblock]
Rivenroar-01-005.jpg

Initiative
6 Peregrine
--new round--
16 Aliyas
13 Brega
12 Elias
10 Jormund
10 Hobgoblins
7 Goblins
6 Peregrine <~~ Current Initiative

[SBLOCK=Status]
[SBLOCK=Aliyas "One-Arrow" Minheida -15/26]
AC 16 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
Init +4 AP: 1
Used Surges 0/8 (Value=5)

Conditions:Bloodied

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Brega Grimstone -28/31]
AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 11 Will 13
Init +1 AP: 1
Used surges 0/12 (value 7)

Powers Used
Spinning Sweep (e)
Second Wind (e)
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Peregrine Thistledown -18/27]
AC 20 Fort 12 Ref 14 Will 13
Init +5 AP: 1
Used Surges 0/11 (Value=6)

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Elias -0/30]
AC 15 Fort 14 Ref 13 Will 14
Init +0 AP: 1
Used surges 0/10 (value 7)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Jormund -12/26]
AC 14 Fort 13 Ref 13 Will 15
Init +1 AP: 1
Used surges 0/9 (value 6)

Conditions:

Powers Used
Cloud of Daggers (e)
[/SBLOCK]

[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Covered from the snipers, Jormund calls forth more shards of force. They hob manages to avoid the initial barbs, but they threaten him still.

OOC: I can't tell if you are consistently applying the Cloud of Dagger's damage for those starting in it (since there is no mention of damage anywhere). Anyway, :ranged: Cloud of Daggers Ref 7 misses H1, but he still stakes 3 damage at the beginning of his turn.

industrygothica

Adventurer

OOC: I can't tell if you are consistently applying the Cloud of Dagger's damage for those starting in it (since there is no mention of damage anywhere). Anyway, :ranged: Cloud of Daggers Ref 7 misses H1, but he still stakes 3 damage at the beginning of his turn.

[sblock=Stonegod]I am adding the damage at the beginning of the turn of those starting in it. I will try to make sure I include it in the narrative from now on so that everyone is certain; I'll admit that I almost forgot it this time, and only caught it just before I hit the submit button. But rest assured, the damage was added, and the goblin said "ouch." ;)[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Realising the dire straits he is in Peregrine parries furiously as he tries to catch his breath.

[sblock=Second Wind]+2 to all defences and regain 6 HP from Healing Surge[/sblock]

"These are hard little bast... so-and-sos!" he grunts.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Now who's got yur back, ya slimy sod!" says Brega as he shifts around the hobgoblin, standing on top of the dead body of his buddy and levels his maul at it's shield arm.

[sblock=ooc]move: shift H8
standard: reaping strike vs. h2 (1d20+6=21, 2d6+5=12)
MARK H2
minor: n/a
[sblock=stats]
HP 3/31; AC 17, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 13;
Surges: 11/12
Action Point: 1/1
Second Wind: 0/1
Spinning Strike: 0/1
Brutal Strike: 0/1 [/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Aliyas steps forward, knowing that it puts her in the line of fire of those goblins...but also puts them in HER line of fire. The well crafted elven bow sings in her hands as she strums the string, launching a pair of arrows at the one at the far wall.

(Move 1 sq north, mark the wounded goblin with Hunter's Quarry, then use Twin Strike on him! Attacks: 21 and 11, for 7 damage plus 6 from HQ. Roll Lookup )

industrygothica

Adventurer
Screw it - I give up.

I just spent the last hour and a half doing an update for this game, then EN World ate the post because it was taking too long to respond. Response time has been one of the main reasons I'm so slow about updating anyway, and this just takes the cake.

Sorry guys, but this game is officially over. I just don't need the stress.

-IG

Erekose13

Explorer
Sorry to hear that IG, its been a fun game. Totally understandable though, the system issues on this site can really hurt motivation. I've dumped a few of my games over similar issues in the past. Take care and good gaming.

Remove ads