[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Blue_Genie

First Post
Edrea slips the goggles off of her face, letting them fall around her slender neck. "It is not just any Khadoran, Mr. Baylentis," she remarks. "Sargov Cromme, who is the focus of this book, is a Khard hero. A statue of him can be found in the city of Korsk, his left foot poised on the massive head of Groane the Grim. Groane was a legendary dire troll that Cromme killed in a savage struggle that lasted a month, or so the tales say."

Gently paging through the work she continues, "This is also one of only four complete copies of this work, although there are quite a number of incomplete, lesser copies in existence. None of these have the detailed, color illuminations and side notes of the author, Karl Gauss. Gauss himself is a figure of some note among those interested in the study of extraordinary zoology, and this is considered his finest work. Professor Pendrake probably paid that Llaelese antiquarian over 3500 crowns for it, although to the right scholor, it is priceless."

She closes the book, running her delicate fingers over the embossed images on the cover, her mind lost in thought, her eyebrows knotted.

Clearing her mood with a shake of her head, she turns back to you, "The University thanks you all for your work and effort in this endeavor. Your compensation of 50 Towers can be retrieved from the bursar's office tomorrow morning if you so choose." She then stands, picking up the book, and carrying over to a large, iron box which she unlocks with a key from her belt pouch.

After securing the book, she straightens her clothes and moves to one of the many bookcases lining the Professor's office. She pulls a small, black-jacketed book and pages through it, scanning the text with some attention. Finding what she is looking for, she turns back to you, "There are, as I am sure you are aware of, more pressing matters at hand. The Professor has been missing for over two weeks now, and I am beginning to get worried. It is not like him to disappear for this long."

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Krug said:
"Yes, I can understand your concern,"nods Marthasa. "Do you have any leads on his whereabouts?"

Aaain nods at Marthasa's question, looking up from his tea. "Two weeks certainly seems like a long time for him to be missing. Is anyone looking into it yet?"

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios was about ready to head out the door to collect his towers when he heard about the professor missing Hmmm might be some more money in this he thinks

To Edrea he asks "Doesn't the Professor go off on his little adventures fairly often?"

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

Karl Green said:
Alaios was about ready to head out the door to collect his towers when he heard about the professor missing Hmmm might be some more money in this he thinks

To Edrea he asks "Doesn't the Professor go off on his little adventures fairly often?"

Talk of the Professor pulls Alanna out of her thoughts.

"Yes, I thought this was a fairly common occurance with the professor. Is there any evidence of wrong doing?"

taitzu52

First Post
Harlan pulls out a knife and begins to clean under his fingernails with it, listening to the group. He slides his cigar to the other side of his mouth and says out of the corner of it, "If I recall, wasn't Pendrake doing something or another for one Mr. Wesselbaum? Who is this joker anyway? A dean or something?" Harlan finished his question, and blows a billowing cloud of smoke out into the room.

Remove ads