[IK] The Corvis University Discreet Investigation and Retrieval Union

Blue_Genie

First Post
Slippshade said:
Question: If I added Incendiary rounds to a Radliffe Quad-Iron Pistol would the damage be 4d4 +4d6 flame. If the answer is yes, I may change one of my firearms.
Hmm, that's a scary thought. I will say that you can buy incendiary Quad-Iron rounds, but they cost +24 gp per shot, and have to be custom-made. They would not be available on the open market, as the Radliffe is very rare to begin with. This puts the total price at 40-42 gp per shot. Because the pistol and the barrels are relatively small for a pistol, I'll also rule that it does an addition 4d4 heat damage, instead of the full 4d6. Also, because of the extra heat of four barrels close together, you'll have to re-bore each barrel after 12 uses of the rounds, or risk having to replace the entire pistol.

Also, Slippshade, what happened to your third feat?

While I'm on the subject of pistols, let me just point out to everyone that firearms are still rare in Corvis. Notice that the absolute cheapest firearm (the pinlock pistol) is 150 gp. That's more than a peasant will ever see in his life. Owning a firearm means you are either a) employed by a mercenary/military/watch company, or b) rich. If a stranger sees you openly carrying a firearm, s/he will assume that you are in one of those two categories.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Blue_Genie said:
Hmm, that's a scary thought. I'll also rule that it does an addition 4d4 heat damage, instead of the full 4d6.

Fair, but still brutal.

I have always thought the IK prices for gear are insane. I can understand firearm prices, but check out some of the prices for mundane items. 4 gp for a freaking garotte?!? A wire stretched between two short dowels?!?

Slippshade

First Post
Hmm, that's a scary thought. I will say that you can buy incendiary Quad-Iron rounds, but they cost +24 gp per shot, and have to be custom-made. They would not be available on the open market, as the Radliffe is very rare to begin with. This puts the total price at 40-42 gp per shot. Because the pistol and the barrels are relatively small for a pistol, I'll also rule that it does an addition 4d4 heat damage, instead of the full 4d6. Also, because of the extra heat of four barrels close together, you'll have to re-bore each barrel after 12 uses of the rounds, or risk having to replace the entire pistol.

Also, Slippshade, what happened to your third feat?

Cool, I may get this too. I will have to switch a few things around. But honestly I only plan on using it as my oh S&!t weapon.

Normally I wouldn't buy so many guns, but it kind of fits with my character concept.

As for the feat I didn't think I got my 3rd feat because I hadn't reached 3rd level yet in either of my classes. If I am wrong, let me know and I will add it. (I changed the original 2 feats)

(Updated to add Radliffe)

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
You get a new feat every 3 'total' levels and an attribute bonus for every 4 'total' levels... does not matter what level you are in individual classes ;)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Krug said:
Blue: Updated and ascendant changed back to Solovin. She'll keep the travel domain. :)
Krug, I wanted to give you another IK-specific stat:

Maximum HP healed/day: 78 = [(10 + 3) x 3] x 2

With a max number that high, you really don't have to worry about going over, unless you convert all of your memorized spells to Cure spells and roll A LOT of high numbers. Remember, though, that healing someone who is not LG, NG, CG, or N will cause problems.

Slippshade

First Post
Just thought I would post how I figured Alanna would get along with the other characters. If anyone has a problem with what I have written down, let me know and I will change it.

Slip

Alaios – Alanna and Alaios hit it off very quickly when she found out about his sorcerous abilities and considers Alaios the little brother she never had, though she is not much older than he is. She continually tries to draw him into conversations about his abilities in an attempt to make him more comfortable and open about his gift.

Cormyck – Cormyck reminds Alanna of the young courtiers back home. He will steal your heart and your wallet. She is still getting used to trusting the scoundrel, but he has never let Victor Pendrake or the team down. He is always fun at a party.

Alain – In a word…Boring! His age and strict religious ways conflict with Alanna’s more carefree demeanor, but he does have a wealth of useful knowledge when it comes to investigation and his intellect can be dizzying when he discusses his favorite topic, law. Like I said…Boring!

Jackson – Jackson is a quiet, loner type, but he and Alanna have one thing in common. A great love of the outdoors. She loves hearing about all of the places he has seen in the military and hopes to one day see some of the places he has mentioned.

Marthasa – Marthasa’s thin, frail frame, long raven black hair and religious background is almost the polar opposite to Alanna’s athletic build, shoulder length blond hair and mystical upbringing, but Alanna considers Marthasa one of her closest friends. Their nobel upbringing and shared experiences in court (both having chosen Corvis University over marriage), created an early bond between the two.

Harlen – Harlen and Alanna have a friendship born of mutual misery and that misery has a name…study hall. Neither are the greatest of students and they can often be seen at one of the taverns, near to the university, drowning their sorrows in a mug or two as final exams near.

Remove ads