• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Krug

Newshound
Marthasan takes Alain's arm, and her heart leaps in more glee than she would wish. "Thou are indeed a gentleman," she says. "Let us be off soon?"

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios takes one of the envelopes and follows the other, bringing up the rear. He remains silent throughout mostly watching for trouble. He does hide a smile watching the 'religious folk' acting really 'friendly' to each other.

Khairn

First Post
Taking his pistol back from the trollkin, Cormyck smiles and nods as he listens to Cosgrove. Taking the letter, and quickly placing it in the pocket of his greatcloak, he bows and says, "Sirrah, you have reaffirmed my faith in both yourself and your fine establishment. As no permanent damage was done to us, I see no reason to press forward with any unpleasent words or deeds. Thank you for a most ... interesting nights entertainment."

Cormyck then quickly follows his companions, counting his blessings, vowing to get to the bottom of this trouble, and wondering how much he can get for this membership.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Gathering your belongings, you leave the vaulted chamber behind you, and make your way back to the staircase. As you pass through the entry chamber you notice the leather-clad hosts you encountered earlier sitting on the ground, their backs against the wall. They are being cared for by a few other servants, and seem to be recovering from nasty blows to the head, judging from the bandages and cold compresses being administered. All seem to be conscious and doing reasonably well, albeit in some pain.

After ascending the stairs you re-enter the foyer of the gambling house. Business has picked up here a bit, as Corvis' more well-to-do citizens settle in for a long night of chance and frivolity.

OOC: Everyone makes Spot checks.

Quickly glancing at the crowds you do not notice anyone paying any particular attention to you, although all of the guards seem to be at a heightened state of alert, scanning the crowd with regularity. There are a few (less than a dozen, out of a total crowd of at least 200) who look like they have Khadoran or Kossite blood in them, however. (This is not usual for a town this far north in Cygnar). Looking toward the entrance, you see that a group of five trollkin guards are now frisking everyone who comes through the door, relieving them of any weapons they find.

OOC: Let me know if any of you would like to continue making Spot checks, otherwise I’ll assume that you’ll want to head out.

taitzu52

First Post
Harlan Baylentis, human fighter

Karl Green said:
He does hide a smile watching the 'religious folk' acting really 'friendly' to each other.
(OOC- Bwah hah hah!)

Harlan scans the street a bit more closely than the gaming house. He turns and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, let's take the long way home." He says to Cormyck, "Make sure we aren't being followed, if you would."

(OOC-Knowledge [local] to pick a better route to a better place, trying to throw off a potential tail.)

Khairn

First Post
After a quick glance at those who are on the main floor, Cormyck continues heading out the door. The sooner we be out a here, the better., he thinks to himself.

Stepping outside he looks around carefully.

Make sure we aren't being followed, if you would.

Nodding his head in agreement with Harlan, Cormyck walks across the street and moves into an area covered by shadows. Waiting until the entire party has moved on, Cormyck follows at a discreet distance (100' - 80') trying to stay near the shadows and keeping a sharp eye out for anyone taking an unhealthy interest in their passing.

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
taitzu52 said:
(OOC-Knowledge [local] to pick a better route to a better place, trying to throw off a potential tail.)
OOC: Knowledge (local) check 8 + 4 = 12. You decide on a way of getting back to the university which should allow you to notice if anybody is following you, and might throw them if they are.

Bobitron

Explorer
taitzu52 said:
He says to Cormyck, "Make sure we aren't being followed, if you would."

"That seems like a wise idea, Harlan." He nods to the remainder of the party. "Let's get moving. I don't like being out in the open with such a precious cargo."

Alain will stay towards the front of the party, with one hand on the handle of a pistol, his eyes scanning the streets and alleys. I don't recognize this path to the University, he thought. Well, I'm sure that Harlan knows best. I must remember to commend him for picking a less traveled route.

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

Alanna moves with the rest of the group back up to the main hall and then outside.

Well at least I recieved a free membership after all that.

When safely away from the gambling hall she draws her magelock pistol and tucks it into the folds of her greatcoat. Alanna was determined not to be taken by suprise again this night.

(ooc) Keep magelock pistol out to gain Alertness feat. Make spot checks all the way to the university. (/ooc)

Krug

Newshound
"Lets not tarry," says Marthasan. She keeps close to Alanna. She constantly turns back, wary of this place and the strangers around.

Remove ads