• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illustrations

Tetsubo

First Post
Combat Shears.

Obviously not a front line weapon, but a tool of terror. The pulley system is contained within the tubular steel shaft to keep it safe. The line would be a steel cable.

The perfect thing for "disarming" your enemies... Ba-da-BOOM. Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week...

Attachments

• shears.jpg
    shears.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 158

Saber

First Post
Well, I just found this thread tonight, and am VERY impressed with your sketches. This is a thread i will most definitely be coming back to many times over.
I noticed that most all of your weapons have a very strong base in reality. Each seems well balanced and of solid construction and design.
I scanned through all 12 pages of this thread, and read that you yourself (Tetsubo) have an extensive weapon collection, and are a collector of weapon pics. I would love to see your actual weapons in this thread, and will post some of my own (I've always considered myself to have a pretty unique collection for one who just recently started collecting.) Maybe they will inspire some more great works from your pen.
One final thing. As a request, I would love to see what your skills could create if you were to steer away from reality for a bit (as weird as that sounds). I fell in love with your crystal sword way back on page 2 or something, and wouldn't mind seeing some of its brothers appear (crystal axe, mace, anything). Also, maybe take some inspiration from Anime sources. Perhaps super unbalanced swords (eg. Final Fantasy 7 style) or normal weapons designed to function in a unique way (eg. reverse blade swords like Kenshin's, or even swords meant to be held and used upside down)
I really love your work, and look forward to any new surprised you can throw our way.
Keep it up!

Saber

First Post
The first of my weapons I would like to share with you guys. This is the pride of my collection. It is one of a kind, exclusive to me. The blade and counterweight are hand designed on a forge, constructed from High-Carbon steel. What really makes this weapon unique however, is the intricate carvings i had hand etched into the wood.
I got in touch with a VERY credible wood carver, and he designed a pattern of flowing vines, leaves, and flowers encircling the shaft of the weapon. I was awed by his craftsmanship, and was more than willing to pay the price for his work.
My digital camera is kinda crappy, so i got the best shots as i could. All in all, the completion of this weapon took about 8 months, and cost me well over $1000. Yet it was worth every penny, for it is something I plan on passing on to my future generations.
But right now, its mine...my precious...

Attachments

• sweet2.jpg
    sweet2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 157

Saber

First Post
One final one of the base.
Oh, and Tetsubo. If u feel inspired, i would love to see your rendetion of my weapon. It would be great to hang next to it.
Hell, if your really feeling creative, maybe even a high fantasy version, with actual vines and thorns wraping the blade and shaft. I don't mean to put any pressure on you, but if u have any time, it would be cool

Attachments

• coolness.jpg
    coolness.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 154

Saber

First Post
One final one for tonight.
While the "Axe of Vines" holds its place as the pride of my collection, this next weapon takes a close second.
This mace was also hand crafted (i have a thing for hand done weapons, knowing that true labor went into their crafting, and also knowing they tend to be highly unique)
Over 750 man hours were spent on this bad boy, and its quality is amazing. The head is High Carbon Steel, and the body is a one piece steel rod, hand wrapped in silver and black wire-string.
Though its price doesnt top that of the Axe, it comes close, but again, I feel it to be another item to be passed along my family tree.
I don't want to steal away this thread from the one with the real talent, so I will end with this picture. But let me know if you guys want to see more of my collection, and I'll throw up some pics when I get the time.
Hope you all enjoy, and keep up the good work Tetsubo.

Attachments

• mace.jpg
    mace.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 161

Tetsubo

First Post
Thank you saber. I appreciate your comments.

I will take your suggestions into consideration. I do have a crsytal weapon in mind at the moment already...

Maybe we could ask a Moderator if a thread of actual weapon pics would be OK to start. I've taken a few of my blades but haven't gotten into the larger ones yet. I've only had a digital camera for a short time.

I think the two weapons you have posted are beautiful. Money well invested.

I'll email a Mod today.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads