"I'm Batman" (Flash trailer)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't understand what this means. The movie is "The Flash", yes?
Flashpoint, the series this movie is based on, is one of DC Comics' many reboots of their continuity. The expectation is that Warner Brothers is going to use this movie as their moment to revamp anything they didn't like from the previous era. (Which sounds like just about everything, unless Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 make 10 gazillion dollars each.)

GreyLord

Legend
Could care less about the Flash. On the otherhand, there is only ONE reason I want to see the movie, and it's a pretty convincing reason for me.

Keaton as Batman.

I wonder if they'll realize how big this is. IF the movie is good (big IF) and does well (big IF), then I wonder if Gunn would be smart enough to capitalize on that idea (my guess is no, but hey...who knows).

I think he cancelled Batman Beyond, so my guess is he's not a fan?? Or maybe he's keeping some secrets until after the movie has been out for awhile?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't think Gunn isn't a fan of the stuff he's cancelling, he's just trying to rein in what the main cinematic universe looks like and get it all on the same page. With all the chaos in the division, everyone has been taking the ball and running off in their own direction for years prior to his arrival.

The most recent Batman and Joker movies survive as Elseworlds, but I can't imagine they want the majority of DC movies to be labeled that way.

Last edited:

Haplo781

Legend
I don't think Gunn isn't a fan of the stuff he's cancelling, he's just trying to rein in what the main cinematic universe looks like and get it all on the same page. With all the chaos in the division, everyone has been taking the ball and running off in their own direction for years prior to his arrival.

The most Batman and Joker movies survive as Elseworlds, but I can't imagine they want the majority of DC movies to be labeled that way.
Yeah. It looks as though Bat-Keaton is in his prime (maybe using some kind of digital de-aging) during the alternate present, which is presumably being wiped away by the end of the movie. So a Beyond movie with Old Bat-Keaton would have to be set in an alternate future that no longer exists, alongside an alternate past (Joker franchise) and an alternate present (Battinson franchise). Too confusing for the average moviegoer.

Remove ads