I'm looking for a "island's in the sky" sort of setting. Anyone know where I can find one?

IKilledTheDevil

First Post
you mean the film, the book, or literally a flying city?

I don't know where you got "film" or "book", but if you need an example just look at the video game "Skies of Arcadia". I'm looking for a setting in which the whole world is just one big sky with floating island's that range in size from tiny to continent, and airships are the most efficient form of travel.

jeffh

Adventurer
I'll be doing a Mobius-strip shaped world with some of these elements for Fantasy Infinity. That may or may not be close enough to what you're looking for. It might not be out soon enough for your liking, though - we're still (counts on fingers...) nine, really closer to ten, months from my projected release date.

I'm just now in the process of pulling my art team together; there should be at least one awesome concept piece showing off this element of the setting in time for the Kickstarter in November, and of course, lots more in the finished product.

KazMx

First Post
If you want to place your story in Golarion the closest you can have is Yjae, a forgotten flying city from the Shory lost kingdom. There is a 2e sourcebook called Netheril: Empire of Magic which can be used as an inspiration since the hardcover has a lot of information and details on the subject. Be aware that netheril was a setting used for advanced players, and the mechanics used there are not beginner friendly.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Netheril

Currently, my campaign involves the flying city of Shade from the Forgotten Realms setting. If that's what you're after, you may check 3.0 and 3.5 sources like Lords of Darkness, Lost Empires of Faerûn, or even some AD&D stuff like Netheril - Empire of Magic.

Remove ads