Im new to D&D HELP PLZ!!!

boxerking

First Post
I've been told theres a forum for character building and cant find it could any1 help me find it or just give me some tips on Character Building?

Boxerking

joshjurg

Explorer
Honestly, if you are a new player - I would avoid character optimization forums and experience the game for fun on your own first.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Are you a DM or a player? Are all the member around the table are new to DnD or just you?

Honestly, if you are new to DnD and your friends are not, ask and discuss a lot with your friends, and especially with your DM.

DnD is a RPG. So, in theory, "better character" may be different for each DM, table, session, adventure, or party.

Kwitchit

First Post
"Just some tips on character building" doesn't help us very much. If you said what sort of character you wanted to make and which books you have access to/ your DM is allowing, we could help more.

Some questions:
Which race do you want your character to be?
Which level are you starting at?
If you know, which class do you want?
If not, do you have some idea of what sort of character you want? A fighter? A spellcaster? A scout? A healer?
Which books are you using (since you're just starting, probably just the Player's Handbook)?

Nail

First Post
boxerking said:
I've been told theres a forum for character building and cant find it could any1 help me find it or just give me some tips on Character Building?
Errr...purchase a PH? :D

Too basic? Okay, how about:

If you'd like the play a simple but effective Ftr, try putting your highest ability score into Str, and weild a greataxe. Take the feat Power Attack and Weapon Focus (greatsword). Power attack for maximum (+1 !!) all the time.

Better? :lol:

mvincent

Explorer
boxerking said:
give me some tips on Character Building?
One excellent method is to ask you fellow players if they would help you optimize a character. At least one will enjoy that sort of thing, and you'll be able to learn a lot from him (plus, he won't mind when your own character starts kicking butt, since he had a hand in it).

Kwitchit

First Post
Nail said:
Errr...purchase a PH? :D

Too basic? Okay, how about:

If you'd like the play a simple but effective Ftr, try putting your highest ability score into Str, and weild a greataxe. Take the feat Power Attack and Weapon Focus (greatsword). Power attack for maximum (+1 !!) all the time.

Better? :lol:
Wielding a greataxe when you have WF: Greatsword? Why?

I appreciate the Greatsword costs 30gp more, but even at 1st level you should afford that. After all, you should buy your weapon first- you can wear hide or studded leather for the first few encounters until you get enough loot to upgrade.

Remove ads