D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (IC)

Lana

First Post
Why won't the dice roll? :(

OC: Initiative: [roll0]

I can throw a weapon at the goblin without penalties? If so I'm going to throw my javelin at the enemy [roll]1d20+5[/roll].
If it hits [roll1] pierce damage.

Last edited:

Idunn

First Post
Initiative: Initiative: [roll0]

Reacting a bit slowly, Idun almost begins to turn back towards the wagon and safety as soon as she spots the poorly-hidden goblins, but grits her teeth and mutters a quiet prayer to bless her companions as they start the attack instead. Perhaps seizing the initiative and taking the fight straight to them is the wiser approach anyway.

[sblock="Actions"]
Cast Bless (everyone gets +1d4 on attack rolls and saves for 10 rounds)
Draw mace

I'll go ahead and roll for everyone this round;
Kel[roll1]
Lana[roll2]
Overton[roll3]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The first stone appeared to go wide of the mark (?), and may have given away Overton's presence in the forest. As soon as he can react again, he takes a second stone, and flicks it, giving it a spin that will cause it to curve in the air. As he does so, he feels a supernatural blessing, beyond what he himself has imbued onto the stone. This is on him. And he smiles as he throws.

OOC:
First action after the surprise round (= round 1 or 2, depending on how we think of it): To hit now [roll0] (+2 bless, +2 prof, +3 Wis). If successful damage = [roll1].

Surprise round:
OOC: Initiative: [roll0].

Surprise round: [roll1]. If successful, damage = [roll2].

IC:
Overton in the brush spies the goblins ahead. He reaches into his pocket and takes out three of the smooth stones he carries there, blows on them with a small prayer [[magic stone cantrip]], and whips one at the nearest goblin.
The goblin chooses that moment to look right in your direction, and side-steps your throw. Your stone whistles past, landing in a brush about 30' past it.

Round 1:
Still looking about Kel sweeps his bow around making sure they were not being flanked.

[roll0]
You spot no flankers. However...
The first stone appeared to go wide of the mark (?), and may have given away Overton's presence in the forest. As soon as he can react again, he takes a second stone, and flicks it, giving it a spin that will cause it to curve in the air. As he does so, he feels a supernatural blessing, beyond what he himself has imbued onto the stone. This is on him. And he smiles as he throws.

OOC:
First action after the surprise round (= round 1 or 2, depending on how we think of it): To hit now [roll0] (+2 bless, +2 prof, +3 Wis). If successful damage = [roll1].
Your rock smokes slightly as it lands in the brush, and you have the faint feeling of a battle outside of your sight.
OC: Initiative: [roll0]

I can throw a weapon at the goblin without penalties? If so I'm going to throw my javelin at the enemy [roll0].
If it hits [roll1] pierce damage.
Your javelin flies true, soaring through the air like a falcon. It takes a goblin through the heart, and the goblin falls dead instantly.

From the left side of the road, two living goblins charge at Lana. From the right, a single living goblin takes aim at Idun. However, Kell, I'm interpreting your action as a held action; you may interrupt the initiative order to shoot at one of them. Partly, that's because you rolled 20+ on Initiative. If you kill one of the goblins, that action doesn't occur. Everyone, please wait for the results of Kell's and the final summary shot before proceeding.

Uninterrupted results will be:
Goblin #1 on the left rolls [roll1] to-hit for 5 damage.
Goblin #2 on the left rolls [roll2] to-hit for 5 damage.

The still-alive goblin on the right rolls [roll3] to-hit for 5 damage.
Initiative: Initiative: [roll0]

Reacting a bit slowly, Idun almost begins to turn back towards the wagon and safety as soon as she spots the poorly-hidden goblins, but grits her teeth and mutters a quiet prayer to bless her companions as they start the attack instead. Perhaps seizing the initiative and taking the fight straight to them is the wiser approach anyway.
[sblock="Actions"]
Cast Bless (everyone gets +1d4 on attack rolls and saves for 10 rounds)
Draw mace

I'll go ahead and roll for everyone this round;
Kel[roll1]
Lana[roll2]
Overton[roll3]
[/sblock]
Kell, Lana, and Overton feels a benevolent swell of martial valour. Idun feels as if an answer of some sort has been given, perhaps to a call to battle.

Hopefully I got everyone's actions covered, here. :)

Kel swiftly sights the goblin and looses his arrow. Maybe he loosed too swiftly, only the gods would know.

[roll0]
[roll1]
A snarling goblin face charges shrieking at Idun, scimitar curving around to strike at her neck...And then an arrow sails neatly into the goblin's right eye.

Since you didn't specify which goblin, I rolled. Luckily for Idun, I rolled a 3 on 1d3. The goblin on the right dies before striking Idun with a critical (which would have been 10 damage).

Since the combat is now resolvable, please resolve your results and post your next actions. :)

Hesitant looks begin to overtake the goblin's faces...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Overton continues to move around the goblins, keeping out if sight, he hopes.

When he thinks he has a clear shot, he throws the third stone.

[[OOC: does bless continue? if not, please deduct 2 form the to-hit roll.
To hit: [roll0] If successful damage = [roll1]. ]]

Edit: argh.

Lana

First Post
So you can't preview or this happens

Lana gets a little shocked in battle and gets hit by the first goblin, but reacted quickly enough to dodge the second.
She draws her axe and sweeps the first goblin's feet to finish him while he's on the ground

[roll0] (20) if it hits [roll1] (14) slash damage.

Last edited:

Idunn

First Post
Idun barely even notices the goblin crumpling in front of her as she steps forward, too focused on aiding her friend to even properly thank her saviour. Were they in the right here..? We had technically been the aggressors and not allowed room for diplomacy, which bothered her visibly, even if the scene had looked to be a clear ambush.

With a savage roar, Idun steps forward, swinging her mace towards the second goblin attacking Lana. Whether the pre-emptive attack had been justified or not, there was no way she would allow her friend to stand alone in this fight now that it had begun.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Smoothly drawing another arrow, Kel notices with grim satisfaction the flight of his first shot. He looses another arrow at idun's target.

[roll=attack]1d20+5+1d4[/roll]
[roll0]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases