I'm now confuzzled.

pogminky

First Post
After reading the books I thought i had a reasnoble handle on stuff.

After reading a lot of very long threads on here and on WotC about various rules stuff I'm now completely unsure about the following:

1) How stealth operates within combat
2) If temp hp stack when considering certain powers/feats etc.
3) If allies can be used to grant cover
4) Exactly what is and isn't maxed with a crit

And probably some other stuff too.

So, does anyone know when WotC are gonna put up some clear, offical errata and explanations of these and other issues?

Oompa

First Post
1) You can make an stealth check as an part of an action as long as you have cover or concealment, so when you have total cover from an wall, when you move around the wall to attack, roll an stealth check against an opposed perception check, if you win you attack and get combat advantage, you lose you attack normal..

2) Bonusses from the same catogory dont stack, as temp hit points are the same thing, they wont stack..

3) Im not exactly sure.. but if 2 enemys behind eachother give cover for the last enemy, then the same would be the same way around i think..

4) Everything, except extra die and plusses from weapons and implements..

This is out of my head so i could be wrong..

Vayden

First Post
3) Says very explicitly that allies never grant cover, but enemies do. So if you're the elf ranger with a bow (E), and you're in a line behind your dragonborn fighter friend (D), an orc minion (m) and an Eye of Gruumsh (G), like so:
G
m
D
E

Then the minion does not have cover from you (because your ally doesn't grant cover), but the Eye of Gruumsh does have cover from you (from the minion). Same applies in reverse - you have cover from G's attack from your buddy D, but D does not have cover from G's attack.

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Oompa said:
1)
2) Bonusses from the same catogory dont stack, as temp hit points are the same thing, they wont stack..

Temp HPs aren't bonuses, and they work exactly opposite bonuses. Apparently temp HPs from the same power do stack, and from different sources you take the highest.

DClown

First Post
Regicide said:
Temp HPs aren't bonuses, and they work exactly opposite bonuses. Apparently temp HPs from the same power do stack, and from different sources you take the highest.

Oh come on. Thats a very diliberate misreading of the word 'source' imo. Two independant uses of the same power are clearly intended to be two different sources with regardes to the line on pg 294. Temporary hit points even those granted from the same power used at two different times do not stack.

With regards to crits, everything except those dice granted specifically because you crit are maxed.

GoLu

First Post
BlackMoria said:
4th edition promises to be the most errata'd and the most houseruled edition. ;)

It'll be lucky to beat OD&D at that, which was basically one gigantic houserule composed of tiny, little houserules.

Remove ads