thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
Finally got our shingle hung.
IMG_6575.jpg

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
I notice that you opened in the summer. How'd your first ~8 months go? I'm a fellow game retailer (30 years and counting!) The store looks great, BTW. Good job!

It's going well. We're working on finding our niche. The other store in town is much more MtG focused, but one of our co-owners runs the local 40k league, so we're focusing more on wargames and, my specialty, rpgs. I've built and curated a pretty extensive indie and small press collection, and have been really surprised that they sell as well, if not better, than D&D. I also own a cabinet shop, and we built the gaming tables specifically for WH40k and other similar games.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It's going well. We're working on finding our niche. The other store in town is much more MtG focused, but one of our co-owners runs the local 40k league, so we're focusing more on wargames and, my specialty, rpgs. I've built and curated a pretty extensive indie and small press collection, and have been really surprised that they sell as well, if not better, than D&D. I also own a cabinet shop, and we built the gaming tables specifically for WH40k and other similar games.
Got any Battletechers there?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
We do, if fact! We're part of the Catalyst Organized Play League.
Ohhh? Whats that? We have a few major groups here in TC. One is the Alpha Strike folks down in Burnsville led by the wolfnet radio guys. Then, we have a few open classic play nights at FLGS around town. Nothing organized though. There is an agent who runs a grinder once a month. Thats all I have found locally.

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
Ohhh? Whats that? We have a few major groups here in TC. One is the Alpha Strike folks down in Burnsville led by the wolfnet radio guys. Then, we have a few open classic play nights at FLGS around town. Nothing organized though. There is an agent who runs a grinder once a month. Thats all I have found locally.

I might have mispoken. One of our regulars volunteered to be an agent, and they run events fairly regularly. The results get reported to Catalyst and are used to shape the meta narrative.

I also own a cabinet shop, and we built the gaming tables specifically for WH40k and other similar games.
That's really handy. The best play spaces I've ever been in all featured custom tables, and you can knock together display shelving that fits your space perfectly too.

Don't suppose you went old school and did a sand table with a removable cover? Only seen three shops actually do that in 50 years, and one of them turned out to be a front for a pot-growing operation.

Remove ads