• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm playing a pixie! What class should I be?

EroGaki

First Post
I'm currently in a group composed of a warlock, seeker, ranger, bard, and a psion. I've decided on bringing in a pixie character, but can't seem to choose a class for the little bugger.

I start at 2nd level, and anything on the character builder is fair game. The basic idea behind this character is that of a dark fae. The Heroes of the Feywild book says that pixies are born whenever a child is. While children eventually grow up and leave behind childish dreams and behaviors, pixies retain them. With that in mind, my character exemplifies the dark aspects of childhood; selfishness combined with a distinct lack for solid moral guidelines, this character would be cruel, spoiled, and hellbent on making mischief.

I'm not asking for builds or character designs, just some ideas as to what class I should pick. Thanks all. :)

Someone

Adventurer
A pixie monk can be surprisingly effective if you don't mind reflavoring it enough to fit your theme. They are good enough at any kind of arcane spellcasting including swordmage, and I think they could be very good as charge monkeys too with the streak of light feat or just as plain rogue or thief.

Tallifer

Hero
Your party lacks a defender. A Pixie can make a surprisingly good Swordmage with an 18 Intelligence and 16 Constitution. Makes sense for a Pixie to teleport around and harass big stupids with its flickering sword of light. Intelligent Blademaster allows you to use Intelligence for Basic Melee Attacks. Your Armour Class will be mediocre, so be careful. A Swordmage does not defend in the same way as a Fighter or a Warden.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Pixie defenders are great because, theoretically, they can defend from inside ally and enemy squares.

Swordmage would be an excellent choice, but we had a (suboptimal) pixie beserker in our group and it worked a treat.

Trit One-Ear

Explorer
While all these suggestions for builds and classes make sense, they don't seem to fit in what you describe your character's personality to be. I can't see someone who exemplifies selfishness being a good defender class. True, your group is lacking one, so if you can justify it (perhaps they like being the center of attention and are a glory hog) it seems like a sound option.

My first impulse based off your descriptions was to suggest a rogue. (Often rogues are my first impulse :p). Selfish, mischievous and an amoral view of right and wrong sounds very much like a rogue to me. Of course, personality types can be applied to almost any class, so my biggest advice is play what you want, and what will make the game the most fun for you and your group.

Trit

contraserrene

First Post
While all these suggestions for builds and classes make sense, they don't seem to fit in what you describe your character's personality to be. I can't see someone who exemplifies selfishness being a good defender class. True, your group is lacking one, so if you can justify it (perhaps they like being the center of attention and are a glory hog) it seems like a sound option.

The One-Ear speaks truth. A selfish Leader might be especially good. You might consider the always-hilarious Lazy Warlord setup, described as the Pixie bossing everyone around like a child who thinks the world revolves around him. You could even describe your Daily powers as "Tantrums!"

Ryujin

Legend
The One-Ear speaks truth. A selfish Leader might be especially good. You might consider the always-hilarious Lazy Warlord setup, described as the Pixie bossing everyone around like a child who thinks the world revolves around him. You could even describe your Daily powers as "Tantrums!"

I'm picturing Veruca Salt, here, from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4]Veruca Salt - I Want It Now (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) - YouTube[/ame]

On second thought, maybe a Cunning Bard :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads