I'm ready for a new Star Wars RPG

Geoffquest

Villager
None of these are official, but I also second Scum and Villain.

I also haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already, but there's a fan-made D&D5e conversion for Star Wars here. It seems pretty good and comprehensive, and people have had fun with it.

I'm also cough running a kickstarter for an unofficial, Star Wars-inspired game. It may not be what anyone's looking for, and it may be very gauche to mention it, but I figured I'd throw it on up there, just in case. :)

aramis erak

Legend
I'm one of those who prefers FFG Star Wars... and WEG as a close #2, with WEG 2.0 (not 2Rev) being my favorite edition of WEG.

I'm not averse to a new system, but I have no compelling urge to go back to Star Wars as a setting anytime soon. The Savage Worlds conversions I've seen seem good fits for the scoundrels and crooks type play, but I don't really like the anti-hero game mode... and the storygames on point seem aimed at that one particular narrow nastiness subgenre...

agrayday

Explorer
I was curious how much time Edge Studios/Asmodee has left on the IP?
There are a ton of books for the system already, and Edge doesn't seem all that engaged to work on new content just reprinting. The printed more books about character trees and options than they did on settings & adventures.

I get the feeling that IP does not have many years left with them.
The are not reprinting the Awakens line, and they are actively and vocally working on a lot of 5 rings content.

I wonder if the cost of the Star Wars IP vs the return on investment is just too wide for most RPG companies.

Most of the people i know who bounced on the old D6 system and the new FFG system are and have been using Scum & Villainy rule set.

Forgot to add "Rebel Scum" Poly game.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was curious how much time Edge Studios/Asmodee has left on the IP?
There are a ton of books for the system already, and Edge doesn't seem all that engaged to work on new content just reprinting. The printed more books about character trees and options than they did on settings & adventures.

I get the feeling that IP does not have many years left with them.
The are not reprinting the Awakens line, and they are actively and vocally working on a lot of 5 rings content.

I wonder if the cost of the Star Wars IP vs the return on investment is just too wide for most RPG companies.

Most of the people i know who bounced on the old D6 system and the new FFG system are and have been using Scum & Villainy rule set.
Probably tied with the miniatures license.

Remove ads