Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

U_K!
I threw a couple emails your way, but my Email service (Hotmail) gives me a Send Failure message. I sent a copy via the Enworld mailing link.

The astro-effect sounds nasty. :)
I think you mentioned earlier the Ultima-effect. (So painful. :))
Omega-Effect... I dont think my mind can handle it. :D
U_K, you must be an epic level rogue, because you have repeatedly used the Disable Device skill on my brain.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Well....

:D ...his site does say to contact here if Im interested in play testing. Though I dont really know what all it entails, other than it entailing the testing of a new product. I loved his last book so Im willing to give it a try.

Fieari

Explorer
I'm sure my group'd be happy to try it out as well, but of course, the call for playtesters doesn't seem to have gone out yet...

Question U_K: The Awesome Visage aura ability "strikes people dumb". What does that mean, in game terms? I assume they can take no actions. For how long? Is it a "Mind-effecting" ability?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Dicefreaks

How compatible is the epic bestiary with the various dice freaks templates.
Which dicefreaks templates would be good to use with the epic bestiary?
the reason I ask is because I kinda need the official stance you have on this. Admittedly many of the dice freaks templates seem like they would be acceptable, but many more seem like they would not mesh very well with you system... particularly those with cosmic ranks. They do some things differently.

paradox42

First Post
Anabstercorian said:
Actually, on a slightly more goofy note: Krust, does this seem ballpark-balanced as a minor artifact? http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Rod_of_the_Inviolate_Sanctum_(Minor_Artifact)
Nice item! Even if Krust doesn't say it's balanced, I've got some powerful casters in my setting who'd like to have something like this. Consider it YOINKed!

Of course, my game's artifact definitions are slightly different from those in the standard rules, partly as a result of having rules for artifact creation. But even under my definitions, this item is a Minor Artifact rather than Major. I'd just need to figure out creation costs and prerequisites, really.

Re: Playtesting/Editing

Hey guys! :)

I had an email from ENWorld suggesting that I could initiate a pre-order scheme for the Immortals Handbook: Ascension. This will likely take place sometime around the start of June.

Anyone who preorders, is one of the regulars here and is interested in providing a little feedback, I'll probably send them the very early text version (in fact that version may not even have all the completed text at that stage). Although that won't be sent from ENWorld - I'll send that myself.

Do the rest of you still think the Beta release is a good idea? I mean personally, I know people aren't buying these things for the art, but its always much, much nicer to have the art completed, it softens the text and lends more personality to the book.

dante58701 said:
Anyway, Im interested in being a playtester, but what do you do to do that exactly?

Do you mean, what do you have to do to get the playtest document (if so see above)?

Or what do I expect the playtesters to do in such a relatively short space of time?

Basically I have unswerving faith in my Challenge Rating/Encounter Level system to be able to very accurately balance most aspects of the book to the point where playtesting the 'big picture' is not required. Where I think a second opinion (or opinions) will be of use is in looking at the individual pieces (like the divine abilities) and telling me which ones are possibly too weak or too powerful. With so many abilities, and with me so close to the work for so long, its inevitable that I must have made some errors in this regard.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:

Hiya mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I threw a couple emails your way, but my Email service (Hotmail) gives me a Send Failure message. I sent a copy via the Enworld mailing link.

Yes, a few people mentioned that. I am in the process of changing those details on my website front page as we speak.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
The astro-effect sounds nasty. :)
I think you mentioned earlier the Ultima-effect. (So painful. :))
Omega-Effect... I dont think my mind can handle it. :D

It was only a matter of working out what would happen if (figuratively speaking) the power of two dimensions collided...or was ripped apart.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K, you must be an epic level rogue, because you have repeatedly used the Disable Device skill on my brain.

Be careful, I could be a Mind Flayer Rogue. Which is a pretty cool idea come to think of it, and sort of reminds me of my entry to the Setting Submission contest (remember the contest that ultimately spawned Eberron).

Hiya mate! :)

Fieari said:
I'm sure my group'd be happy to try it out as well, but of course, the call for playtesters doesn't seem to have gone out yet...

Yes, I will sort out the exact details of that over the next few days. But its almost certainly going to be linked to the pre-order scheme for simplicity.

Fieari said:
Question U_K: The Awesome Visage aura ability "strikes people dumb". What does that mean, in game terms? I assume they can take no actions. For how long? Is it a "Mind-effecting" ability?

It means they cannot speak or otherwise communicate verbally. Other that that they can act normally.

It is a mind-affecting effect.

The effect lasts as long as you are within its Aura.

Remove ads