• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
I think the Beta release is a good idea, so long as you keep a few things constant. For one, it shouldn't cost much less (if less at all) than the full version. This is predicated on the idea that people who buy the Beta will get any updates for free. As such, buying the Beta'd essentially be buying the full release early, at a discount price. Also, make sure it's pretty clearly marked as a Beta release, so no reviewers think to critique the product before it's final form.

I'm not sure what you are advocating here? Are you saying the Beta should cost less or shouldn't? :confused:

I'm not sure how pre-ordering works in the RPG Industry (with regards pricing), I'll have to talk to my contact at ENWorld about it.

Alzrius said:
I'm also taking it on faith that I'm one of the editors. ;)

Did you even need to ask. ;)

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

I would love to see a beta release of Ascension assuming it brings it sooner than later and would gladly pay full price for it. :D

My rough take is, most of the 100 or so odd posters at enworld would gladly take it sooner than later even if it meant viewing it in lieu of art and subject to minor modification on subsequent editions. I certainly feel that way but can appreciate countervailing concerns.

In reference to playtesting I would be more than happy to (enthusiastically) give things a whirl if you like. Frankly I feel as though it's the least I could do for you seeing you've been a major help 9more than you know) to some games and projects that I've worked on over the last three years.

Wishing the best either way and, seriously, please don't hesitate to get in touch if I can help. :)

Hey dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
I was more referring to their undead templates than anything. But I do wonder about the Gates of Hell templates too.

Do you have the links to save me hunting round. ;)

dante58701 said:
Two other questions...Nephillim, what do they look like. Im interested in playing one of those in my next campaign. Id always envisioned each nephillim as being different, depending upon their heritage.

My Nephilim (Lonely Ones) are Large Abominations which were going to take their visual cues from the following classic illustration.

http://www.eosdev.com/Illustrations_Quotes/Cyndi/eos_fool_hermit.htm

Lonely One...Hermit...thats the reasoning.

I picture them as pale, gaunt giants. Could possibly be mistaken for Stone Giants at a glance, if clean shaven that is.

While Atropals are aborted godlings, Nephilim represent those godlings discarded and abandoned by their parents for one reason or another just after they are born.

Whats that artifact they have...a magic lamp called a Star Lantern...does that drain divinity from deities? I'm sorry I never give out secrets like that.

45 Hit Dice you say, like their Anakim brethren? Okay, whose been stealing my notes. ;)

dante58701 said:
The second question...are you releasing a preview as well.

I plan to release a preview of Ascension next weekend.

dante58701 said:
Im just dying to get my hands on a Nephilim. Ive already got plans to buy the whole book...but Im going nutz here with anticipation. I know...I know...Rome wasnt built in a day and all that.

Well I hate to burst your bubble, however, the Nephilim are going to be covered within Volume 2 of the Bestiary, not in Ascension.

Hey Dante dude! :)

dante58701 said:
Im interested in seeing Metatron, whats he gonna be like statwise.

Given the angelic progression in the Bestiary you could easily guess some of the basics like Hit Dice. ;)

Far too easy for a competition question though...and don't worry Sledge dude I haven't forgotten who won the last competition. ;)

By the way I meant to say that I was lucky enough to see X-Men 3 last night. I say lucky enough because the first showing was packed and we didn't get in. Fortunately they had a showing every hour, so we didn't have long to wait. I have to be honest I really enjoyed it, and it was certainly, for me, the best of the X-Men movies (I like all three), and I finally got to see my favourite X-man, Juggernaut, on the big screen, albeit all too briefly, although he does have a few great lines. The big action set pieces are great and suitably epic. Overall, I was entertained. If you even remotely liked the first two you will love this.

Some words of advice, if you don't have your tickets pre-booked, get there early. ;)Apparently its selling out all over the place.

historian said:

Hiya historian dude! :)

historian said:
I would love to see a beta release of Ascension assuming it brings it sooner than later and would gladly pay full price for it. :D

My rough take is, most of the 100 or so odd posters at enworld would gladly take it sooner than later even if it meant viewing it in lieu of art and subject to minor modification on subsequent editions. I certainly feel that way but can appreciate countervailing concerns.

Thats probably the way I will go, though I'd be happy with even 10 pre-orders nevermind 100.

historian said:
In reference to playtesting I would be more than happy to (enthusiastically) give things a whirl if you like. Frankly I feel as though it's the least I could do for you seeing you've been a major help 9more than you know) to some games and projects that I've worked on over the last three years.

I appreciate all the help I can get matey.

historian said:
Wishing the best either way and, seriously, please don't hesitate to get in touch if I can help. :)

I'll sort everything out for next weekend, consider your name down on the list. ;)

Hello there! :)

Knight Otu said:
Oohh, may I be an editor, too? ;)

(I do have a credit as a content reader, actually, so I might actually be up to it)

Wait a minute...Knight Otu...no I'm sorry, never heard of you. Are you one of these newbies?

Only teasing mate, happy to have you onboard! ;)

Remove ads