Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Hey dante! :)

dante58701 said:
The templates are in their official section. Where they keep there official templates and stuff. Id post you a link but they banned my friend and we use the same computer, so by proxy Ive been banned too which sucks.

Who was your friend?

Without the links its going to be a tad too time consuming for me at the moment. Maybe in a few weeks when I have some breathing room to go explore I can give you more feedback.

However, as I mentioned previously. Don't apply dicefreaks divinity templates to creatures from the Bestiary that already incorporate them. If the template is something other than a granting divine or pseudo-divine power then its there should be no problems using it.

dante58701 said:
Too bad nephillim are gonna be in the next book, but deities are more important. As for the picture for the nephillim, awesome idea. I love the concept. What other ideas have you been toying with?

Loads. I already have the 100+ monsters for Bestiary Volumes 2 and 3 determined.

dante58701 said:
If the Nephillim are finished...can I request a draft copy.

I'm afraid they are nowhere near finished.

dante58701 said:
I already know Im going to need the whole series to compliment the Epic Bestiary that I already have but, I really really really want a Nephillim. Pretty pretty pretty please with sugar and hot neked chick on top? Can I have a nephillim? LOL!!! My emails is pontoonpontoon2000@yahoo.com, if you can spare the time. If not, thats ok, Ill just wait and squirm in freakish anticipation for my all time favorite creature. Such is the life of a melodramatic nerd.

Sorry to disappoint you dude. In the meantime I would suggest using the stats for the Anakim (brothers of the Nephilim), just halve their strength.

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and support guys! :)

Hey paradox42! :)

paradox42 said:
I, too, advocate a full-price Beta release, given that you intend to give people free updates (or to borrow another term from software sales, like Beta version, "upgrade"). And I'll certainly plan on getting one. My Epic game's party "down time" is nearly finished, and they're about ready to go on real adventures again instead of pursuing personal projects and adventure hooks dropped into those events (which is what I've had them doing for the last month and a half or so). I can't help but think that Ascension will spark a whole lot of plot ideas, even if it isn't the "Chronicle" book that talks about actual deity-level adventures.

So bring it on!

Well of course I have adventure ideas in Ascension for all the Templates and all the Sample Deities. Only another 75 or so ideas, but it should keep people going until Chronicle really delivers with the ideas including a full epic/immortal campaign strategy from 25th to 100th-level. ;)

Hey guys! :)

dante58701 said:
An idea for you...half-phoenix. Or phoenix related abomination ..spawned from an evil goddess of lust and a phoenix.

Topical, given X-Men 3, however, didn't Dragon magazine do a Half Phoenix template recently?

Fieari said:
When the apotheosis... er... ascention rules come out, I plan to be delving into this myself. The backstory for my campaign world includes a race of phoenii quite extensively, and while I've tried repeatedly to stat them out, without U_K's rules, I've fallen on my face repeatedly. Not the mere 20 HD creature in MM2, but something more along the lines of the cosmic phoenix entity from X-Men fame. Using dragon-styled age categories too...

Cool.

Fieari said:
Half-phoenii (I call 'em Phaetons, after the greek god), dark-phoenii, and varyingly elementally aligned phoenii too.

What about the Phaethon abomination in the ELH?

Fieari said:
Fortunately, so far, my players haven't reached cosmic levels yet, so I can hand wave their abilities... but when ascention is revealed, oh baby.

:D

Fieari said:
Hrm. That reminds me of the other thing I might want to stat out... Stars, ala "A Wrinkle in Time"... pre- and post- fall stars.

Then you might enjoy the sample Old One, Algol - the Demon Star. ;)

Fieari

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
What about the Phaethon abomination in the ELH?
Well, to be honest, I've been using phaeton for half-phoenii since before I've seen the ELH... fortunately, there are a number of different ways of transliterating the greek, and I tend to use Phaeton so...

Yeah, kinda a shabby excuse. Ah well. But since Phaeton is simply the greek word for "Shining", I could always either find another language for "Shining". Italian gives lucidare, German glänzen, Russian siyayushij, Japanese hikage... hm.

Upper_Krust said:
Then you might enjoy the sample Old One, Algol - the Demon Star. ;)
Your words intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

Kerrick

First Post
Without the links its going to be a tad too time consuming for me at the moment. Maybe in a few weeks when I have some breathing room to go explore I can give you more feedback.

Since I also pop over to the DF boards every once in awhile, I grabbed the link for you: This is the forum with all the templates.

Get the work done first, though. :)

BTW, I'm in for editing, if you need more eyes.

paradox42

First Post
I'm fortunate enough to have a three-week break from the game here, which should be enough time to snag a copy of Ascension and skim/read the most important parts before the game might need them.

One thing I'm particularly keen to see is the "Quickening method" of gaining divinity, and how (or whether) it interacts with fighting monsters that have effective divine ranks. The potential issue here is that since my PCs will eventually be facing down a Polychromatic Dragon that's been keeping a war between "mortal" dragons going long after it should have at least reached a truce, presuming they manage to kill the little SOB, what happens to them? Does that make them Immortals suddenly? Important question to answer there.

Of course, since this dragon himself will be a Juvenile with at least 10 Sorcerer levels, they're not exactly in a good position to face him down anytime soon. Dragons that can not only Blasphemy and Limited Wish at will, but can do so as Swift actions 3 times/day each thanks to Quicken Spell-Like Ability, are truly sickening villians to contemplate. :D I've been amusing myself today, in part, by statting the little monster up. But still, potential future campaign issue I should start planning for ASAP.

Thanks for the continued support guys - much appreciated! :)

Hey paradox42! :)

paradox42 said:
I'm fortunate enough to have a three-week break from the game here, which should be enough time to snag a copy of Ascension and skim/read the most important parts before the game might need them.

Cheers dude!

paradox42 said:
One thing I'm particularly keen to see is the "Quickening method" of gaining divinity, and how (or whether) it interacts with fighting monsters that have effective divine ranks. The potential issue here is that since my PCs will eventually be facing down a Polychromatic Dragon that's been keeping a war between "mortal" dragons going long after it should have at least reached a truce, presuming they manage to kill the little SOB, what happens to them? Does that make them Immortals suddenly? Important question to answer there.

Not exactly, quintessence alone does not make you a deity, there are a few other prerequisites to consider. Also you don't get all a defeated deities 'power', so if you were to permanently slay a Lesser God, you would not become a Lesser God yourself.

paradox42 said:
Of course, since this dragon himself will be a Juvenile with at least 10 Sorcerer levels, they're not exactly in a good position to face him down anytime soon. Dragons that can not only Blasphemy and Limited Wish at will, but can do so as Swift actions 3 times/day each thanks to Quicken Spell-Like Ability, are truly sickening villians to contemplate. :D I've been amusing myself today, in part, by statting the little monster up. But still, potential future campaign issue I should start planning for ASAP.

:D

poilbrun

Explorer
Hi there UK!

Hope you've been doing well?

I just wanted to chime in and say that even though I mainly lurk on the forums (I check it at least once a day), I am still eagerly awaiting the release of Ascension. You can thus count on another sale as soon as the first version of the book is out! ;)

paradox42

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Not exactly, quintessence alone does not make you a deity, there are a few other prerequisites to consider. Also you don't get all a defeated deities 'power', so if you were to permanently slay a Lesser God, you would not become a Lesser God yourself.
So, like I said, this is why I need to read those rules. :cool: I need to be certain of what can happen, especially given the known play styles of my players. But it seems I don't have long to wait now, which is a Good Thing!

Remove ads